Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman 135 - on hold, again :)

umcoo

Hi folks,

I'm letting my Fender Bassman 135 go. I got it in November, but I'm looking for a bit more drive and growl in a valve amp. Not sure of the date of it...think they were 78 to 83 (or somewhere around those dates). It's in pretty good condition, couple of marks on the top and a few small rips in the tolex, but nothing too crazy.

Currently sporting 4 Ruby 6L6GC's in the power side of things. Not sure about preamp valves. I recently put in a new bulb and got a blue jewel light while I was as it (helps for a smoother tone), but I still have the old red one too.

Soundwise, it's clean, fat, thumpy, bassy...would be good for most applications really. Looks the dogs testicles.

I would prefer collection from Lancaster (where you can try it out through the Matamp 2x12...no obligation to buy!) or I can deliver within an hour or 2 for some extra cigarette tokens.

Looking for £400 collected.

Here's some delicious pictures...if you want anything in particular I'll try my best to hook you up.

Thanks

Edited by umcoo

I've got one but was just posting to say that if you want to work out what era it is, here is a guide

DATING TABLES
For mid to late '70s silverface amps and early '80s "blackface" models, the serial numbers are date encoded much the same way as Fender guitars from the late '70s:

A6 + 5-digits - 1976
A7 + 5-digits - 1977
A8 + 5-digits - 1978
A9 + 5-digits - 1979

B + 5-digits - 1975, 1976

F0 + 5-digits - 1980
F1 + 5-digits - 1981
F2 + 5-digits - 1982
F3 + 5-digits - 1983
F4 + 5-digits - 1984
F9 + 5-digits - 1979, 1980

Hope it's useful

Haha, I need to update the AD200B fund. I'm...hmmnn £400 short at the moment! Both the bassman and orange are great amps, they just sound like apples and...well, oranges really! Bassman is fat, clean and loud, orange is fat, dirty and loud!

Jigster - that sounds good because that's exactly what I'm going for! Also, PM'ed.

Jimmy - I've never really though about the Thunderverb. There's a guy on Talkbass who runs a TV200 dirty and a Mesa 400+ for cleans. Now that would be a sight to behold!