Why become a member? ×

Feedback for riff raff

gnasher1993

Hi guys,

This is something I'd hoped to avoid in my buying/selling/trading on Basschat but it's got to be done :).

Unfortunately, I've had a negative experience with the member 'riff raff'.

We agreed a trade: My Boss ODB-3 for his EHX Octave Multiplexer. This was agreed on the 6th of Feb. I posted the Boss on the 10th having informed him I would do so the evening before. The last I heard from him was on the 9th when he was said he was boxing up his pedal ready to go.

I PM'd him on the 13th asking whether the Boss had arrived and if he'd posted his pedal.

I PM'd again on the 16th saying: "I don't mean to rush you but it's been 5 days since I posted the Boss and I haven't heard from you". I think this was reasonable.

It's now a week since I posted the Boss and I'm starting to worry and have definitely written this one off as a bad experience. I've bought, sold and traded alot of effects on Basschat and have never had one negative deal, everyone has come through and I've been more than happy. I've left appropriate feedback to reflect this so I feel I should do the same for this deal.

According to his profile, he last logged on on the 15th (so he has definitely read my first PM).

I'm generally a fairly trusting person and would have been ok if I'd had some sort of correspondence after having posted my pedal but I'm definitely sceptical about this one turning out alright. So... looks like I won't be getting my pedal back and I'm pretty upset about it to say the least.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do next to try and resolve this problem?

Also...has anyone else dealt with Rob (riff raff) in the past?

AJ

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='749759' date='Feb 18 2010, 02:42 PM']Hi guys,

This is something I'd hoped to avoid in my buying/selling/trading on Basschat but it's got to be done :).

Unfortunately, I've had a negative experience with the member 'riff raff'.

We agreed a trade: My Boss ODB-3 for his EHX Octave Multiplexer. This was agreed on the 6th of Feb. I posted the Boss on the 10th having informed him I would do so the evening before. The last I heard from him was on the 9th when he was said he was boxing up his pedal ready to go.

I PM'd him on the 13th asking whether the Boss had arrived and if he'd posted his pedal.

I PM'd again on the 16th saying: "I don't mean to rush you but it's been 5 days since I posted the Boss and I haven't heard from you". I think this was reasonable.

It's now a week since I posted the Boss and I'm starting to worry and have definitely written this one off as a bad experience. I've bought, sold and traded alot of effects on Basschat and have never had one negative deal, everyone has come through and I've been more than happy. I've left appropriate feedback to reflect this so I feel I should do the same for this deal.

According to his profile, he last logged on on the 15th (so he has definitely read my first PM).

I'm generally a fairly trusting person and would have been ok if I'd had some sort of correspondence after having posted my pedal but I'm definitely sceptical about this one turning out alright. So... looks like I won't be getting my pedal back and I'm pretty upset about it to say the least.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do next to try and resolve this problem?

Also...has anyone else dealt with Rob (riff raff) in the past?

AJ[/quote]

i take it you still have his home address

[quote name='johnzgerman' post='749940' date='Feb 18 2010, 04:34 PM']i take it you still have his home address[/quote]

Yes, I've got his address.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='749963' date='Feb 18 2010, 05:04 PM']A number of other members have had problems with this guy, agrees to meet up and never turns up.[/quote]

That doesn't surprise me. I couldn't find a feedback thread for him :). Should have asked around really, the wonders of hindsight eh?

In june(22nd) last year,he made an enquiry about my Eden combo.
If I remember correctly ,he did ask me what they were like,and he managed to get one on ebay.

In July last year(21st-27th),he was selling a Vester clipper bass and I made enquiries about that.
Think he sold it eventually. Not sure if it was on ebay or here.

I didn't think there was anything dodgy about him, but I can only go from my experience(s)
Hope this helps.

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

I was a bit narked when I was selling a Squier VMJ Fretless last year and riff raff posted "i'll take it.drop me a message with your details. "

Think you can guess ... several PMs from me and a week or two later still no further communication. IIRC he did eventually PM me but not to confirm he was buying it.

Edited by Clarky