Why become a member? ×

No more Rockbass?

mgibson

Well I was in a local music store recently and heard the guys in there talking about something. Apparently, from what I could hear, all Rockbass basses will no longer carry the Rockbass logo but rather the Warwick W. I don't know if anone knows this to be true, and if it dose will it effect prices in any way, particularly for secondhand basses???

[quote name='budget bassist' post='749841' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:24 PM']haha this is very old news but yes, it's true. All the new rockbasses have the warwick W on the headstock instead of that crappy looking rockbass logo, two piece warwick bridges and the necks are 3 piece maple with ekanga veneers. It's about time, the old rockbasses just didn't look very nice to me.[/quote]

I agree completely, but it's bad news IMO. It's just bluring the lines between the Rockbass and the German made stuff...

[quote name='Dubs' post='749903' date='Feb 18 2010, 04:01 PM']I agree completely, but it's bad news IMO. It's just bluring the lines between the Rockbass and the German made stuff...[/quote]
It will blur like Fender MIA MIM MIJ MII CIC CIJ etc.

ie. It won't really make any difference. I adore my German Wicks. Just means if you don't have the cash you can get a cheaper one that looks just like it without the quality wood.

[quote name='silddx' post='749942' date='Feb 18 2010, 04:35 PM']It will blur like Fender MIA MIM MIJ MII CIC CIJ etc.

ie. It won't really make any difference. I adore my German Wicks. Just means if you don't have the cash you can get a cheaper one that looks just like it without the quality wood.[/quote]

+1

I'd be interested in seeing the prices once everyone has them in stock. The Basscentre now has the Premium 4 string Corvette for £609 (rrp - £780) so that's not too promising. Basicaly the same price as the German ones

[quote name='Dubs' post='749903' date='Feb 18 2010, 04:01 PM']I agree completely, but it's bad news IMO. It's just bluring the lines between the Rockbass and the German made stuff...[/quote]
a little bit yeah.... but they're still nowhere near the quality of the german made 'wicks.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='749971' date='Feb 18 2010, 05:10 PM']I'd be interested in seeing the prices once everyone has them in stock. The Basscentre now has the Premium 4 string Corvette for £609 (rrp - £780) so that's not too promising. Basicaly the same price as the German ones[/quote]
I think that's not as bad as it sounds, while £600 is a lot, the standard german corvettes were RRP £900 before they got axed, and this is the premium corvette. The basic will be a fair bit less i would imagine (and the basic is the only one i would buy anyway) Looking at the pricelist now, the corvette basic passive is RRP £497 and £539 for the active. considering no shops actually charge the full RRP, that's not too bad a price for a quality instrument like that, especially with the recent changes and the fact that the german ones were almost twice that for the lowest model. I can't find a price on the RB corvette $$ though, that's annoying.

Edited by budget bassist

The German ones can still be picked up for £600, that seems to be the typical lowest street price for em.

I agree if the Basic comes in at around £350 it's gonna be tough to beat, they look fantastic. It is worryingly close to the price of a used 'vette though.
I'm keeping my eye on that $$ too, not that i need any more basses!