Why become a member? ×

Tech SOUNDSYSTEMS NT 2X10 customised

MacDaddy

TECH SOUNDSYSYEMS NT 2X10 special, originally made for Tom [i]'Squarepusher' [/i]Jenkinson (allegedly the smallest 2x10 ever made!)
Head in the combo upgraded on the treble to give an extra 6db of boost at 11khz, 600w RMS @ 2ohm. Combo runs at 4ohms.

Cab = CT 2X10 fitted with Neo B+C drivers to give 1000 watts RMS @ 4ohms. Total 1900 watts on speakers.

Yeah baby it's loud :)
Will try put some pics up over the weekend.

Edited by MacDaddy

Sorry, are there 2 10" drivers in each cab?

How are you getting on with the Tech stuff? You had a few questions about the EQ, but I've found it doesn;t really need touching - I just use the gain and master on mine and maybe adjust the mid for more or less bark. Other than that, it sounds great with tone controls set to 12 o'clock.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='83986' date='Nov 5 2007, 02:42 PM']Sorry, are there 2 10" drivers in each cab?

How are you getting on with the Tech stuff? You had a few questions about the EQ, but I've found it doesn;t really need touching - I just use the gain and master on mine and maybe adjust the mid for more or less bark. Other than that, it sounds great with tone controls set to 12 o'clock.[/quote]

there's 2x10 on top in the combo, and 2x12 underneath in the cab.

I'm not really using the EQ much either, though I've noticed the Compressor just reduces the volume - lots - unless I'm winding it up. Then it seems to do it's job.
I need to try my V-AMP through the FX loop, but it's getting round to it.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='83995' date='Nov 5 2007, 03:01 PM']there's 2x10 on top in the combo, and 2x12 underneath in the cab.

I'm not really using the EQ much either, though I've noticed the Compressor just reduces the volume - lots - unless I'm winding it up. Then it seems to do it's job.
I need to try my V-AMP through the FX loop, but it's getting round to it.[/quote]

F*ck me. That's nice. Is one driver angled or rear firing? Where did you get this?

I've found that the tone of the amp changes lots when you drive it. I've given up on using the compressor on my TVM600 - it just overdrives. However, the guy that fixed my TVM350 says that the opamps they use in the TVM350 are probably superior to the ones inthe TVM600, hence the better tone and that it could easily be modded. I have an APhex punch factory that sounds more transparent than the onboard optical compressor one ither head and I use that instead.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='84004' date='Nov 5 2007, 03:11 PM']F*ck me. That's nice. Is one driver angled or rear firing? [size=4][b]Where did you get this[/b][/size]?

I've found that the tone of the amp changes lots when you drive it. I've given up on using the compressor on my TVM600 - it just overdrives. However, the guy that fixed my TVM350 says that the opamps they use in the TVM350 are probably superior to the ones inthe TVM600, hence the better tone and that it could easily be modded. I have an APhex punch factory that sounds more transparent than the onboard optical compressor one ither head and I use that instead.[/quote]

Am I correct in assuming that you got this from Mike at the Bass Merchant... a couple days before I called and was told that it had sold!

Seriously nice compact rig.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='84052' date='Nov 5 2007, 04:24 PM']Am I correct in assuming that you got this from Mike at the Bass Merchant... a couple days before I called and was told that it had sold!

Seriously nice compact rig.[/quote]

thanks :) the speakers are wrapped, so each one behind is angled.

Yep bought from and customised by [b][color="#800080"]Mike at The Bass Merchant[/color].[/b]

I had 2 requirements. 1 small. 2 loud.

After the Dalek I needed something that would actually fit into my car. Having a saloon isn't the best option for a bassist :huh:

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='84242' date='Nov 5 2007, 10:09 PM']bought from and customised by [b][color="#800080"]Mike at The Bass Merchant[/color].[/b][/quote]

I can not recommend this guy enough, from the entry level to custom builds The Bass Merchant is just awesome!