Why become a member? ×

Wood and Tronics Minibash: Bass Direct, Sun 18/4/10

OldGit

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='777678' date='Mar 17 2010, 05:14 PM']:rolleyes:

My self-conscious side doesn't want me to look a complete pillock by obviously not knowing which way up to hold the bass.[/quote]

haha Don't worry about it. We'll show you. Bring your own mouthpiece though.
:)

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='778020' date='Mar 17 2010, 09:41 PM']How about the brushes?

FWIW I played tuba for several years in a military band (boys brigade) so if I still had one your suggestion would be fulfilled! :)[/quote]

Ha ha how did I know that?

Just in case you were interested, W&t have seriously updated their website. It's got a lovely light up red bass on the home page and lots of nice new pictures in the galleries :)

[url="http://www.wtbasses.net/home.aspx"]http://www.wtbasses.net/home.aspx[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Bump as it's next weekend ...

I'm just back from North Italy where I managed to pop up to see Erik and Enrico in the workshop.
They were just finishing off a batch of 5 basses including an interesting flat black EJ4 custom for a UK person...
I took some snaps but havent had time to look at them yet ..

REMINDER/UPDATE:

[size=4][b]The event is 12.30pm - 4.30pm at Bass Direct.[/b][/size]

[i]Copied from BD Newsletter:
WoodandTronics Bass Event
Sunday 18th April 12.30 - 4.30pm in the shop.
Don't forget that this Sunday is your chance to pop in and check out the stock of Woodand Tronics basses and also meet some other owners and get to goggle at their stunning basses. There is also 10% any Woodandtronics bass purchased on the day![/i]

Who's coming down? Pantherairsoft and I will be there for definite.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='806799' date='Apr 15 2010, 08:21 AM']REMINDER/UPDATE:

[size=4][b]The event is 12.30pm - 4.30pm at Bass Direct.[/b][/size]

[i]Copied from BD Newsletter:
WoodandTronics Bass Event
Sunday 18th April 12.30 - 4.30pm in the shop.
Don't forget that this Sunday is your chance to pop in and check out the stock of Woodand Tronics basses and also meet some other owners and get to goggle at their stunning basses. There is also 10% any Woodandtronics bass purchased on the day![/i]

Who's coming down? Pantherairsoft and I will be there for definite.[/quote]

Just the three of us then? :)

[quote name='ped' post='808729' date='Apr 16 2010, 06:09 PM']I'm going to Oxford on Sunday so I'm going to sneak away for a bit and pop along, all being well (well, my mother being well, as she's playing the invalid at the moment)[/quote]

Awesome… Not about your mother of course!

Tredders is coming along too. I'm bringing his new old Japanese P bass for him.
A bit safer than the last time we exchanged basses (that ended up in the destroyed Honer Steinberger bat saga)

Be good to see all who can come along....

I hope you are all bringing basses :)
I'll have my Shuker P5 too.

Edited by OldGit

Shame Witney is sort of not on the way or way back from Maidenhead... I'll sort something out, even if it's just to take a few pics!! I'll bring my bass of course and show W&T how it's really done ;0)

Cheers
ped

[quote name='OldGit' post='802785' date='Apr 11 2010, 05:10 PM']Bump as it's next weekend ...

I'm just back from North Italy where I managed to pop up to see Erik and Enrico in the workshop.
They were just finishing off a batch of 5 basses including an interesting flat black EJ4 custom for a UK person...
I took some snaps but havent had time to look at them yet ..[/quote]

That would be this one then :)
[attachment=47479:Immagine_008.jpg]
[attachment=47480:Immagine_009.jpg]

which accompanies my Mayones
[attachment=47481:TonyBass_20TWIN600.jpg]

[quote name='J3ster' post='808766' date='Apr 16 2010, 06:38 PM']That would be this one then :)
[attachment=47479:Immagine_008.jpg]
[attachment=47480:Immagine_009.jpg]

which accompanies my Mayones
[attachment=47481:TonyBass_20TWIN600.jpg][/quote]

That's the fella ...

Slurpalicious!

I was just about to say that I'll be there (albeit very briefly, as I have to now drive to Glasgow tomorrow PM for an early Monday meeting, thanks to my flight being cancelled), but OldGit has beaten me to it.

Bit of a shame to actually meet people from the forum in real life, as they'll find out that (a) I can't actually play like a genius combination of Jamerson / Entwistle / Bruce Foxton / Macca, and (:) I don't actually look like Brad Pitt...