Why become a member? ×

ideas of what to replace tc electronic g-major with??

al embic

had the tc unit since i got my ebs rig...it's done a good job,but i find it a real minefeild to try to programme anything useable into it and the foot controll is a pain in the botty too!!....the original patches are a pretty much guitar orientated so i'm looking for something either rack or floor mounted to replace it with...something with a tuner that works on the e string would be great too,lol.
any ideas?experiences?

Hi Al',

well I have to say that the TC is - for what it is - one of the more intuitive processors I have used. Please don't think my view is of a belittling one - What I mean to say is - I wonder if you are going to find a unit of that kind of processing quality that is easier to program?

If you want to use amplifier and cabinet sims then maybe pick up a line 6 XT or X3 (or floor 'Live' models) - but I would say that they have even more programmeable options than the TC and thus would probably put you off?

Next up - The Boss GT6 / 8 / 10 models - but again - I think *they* are the same for setting up and requuire getting the manual out to understand the menu system. Then there is the Zoom type pedals with basic functionality, lower spec - though I think they are a good place to start.

Finally - how about individual pedals? Do you only use a few sounds/ effects, for example?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dood' post='741164' date='Feb 10 2010, 04:26 PM']Hi Al',

well I have to say that the TC is - for what it is - one of the more intuitive processors I have used. Please don't think my view is of a belittling one - What I mean to say is - I wonder if you are going to find a unit of that kind of processing quality that is easier to program?

If you want to use amplifier and cabinet sims then maybe pick up a line 6 XT or X3 (or floor 'Live' models) - but I would say that they have even more programmeable options than the TC and thus would probably put you off?

Next up - The Boss GT6 / 8 / 10 models - but again - I think *they* are the same for setting up and requuire getting the manual out to understand the menu system. Then there is the Zoom type pedals with basic functionality, lower spec - though I think they are a good place to start.

Finally - how about individual pedals? Do you only use a few sounds/ effects, for example?[/quote]

sorry,kinda lost this thread for a while...oooops...
i get what you mean dood....i tried a couple of individual boss pedals the last few gigs i've done,great for easy use..but didn't realy sound a patch on the tc gear....think i'll dust the manual off again..and this time not give up till i suss it....