Why become a member? ×

To keep or not to keep?

woodyratm

Hey guys,
I need some help here.

I have an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, Ampeg 610HLF and Hartke 1x15 XL.
I recently lost my practice space, which means it is all sitting in my garage not being used at all.

So since i'm not going to be gigging again untill Aug/September at earliest i feel like i'm wasting this rig in the garage.

Should i sell it and get something else perhaps lighter so its easier to carry to a practice space? Or should i just keep it. But in storage for the time being?

If anyone has any suggestions for what to go for let me know.

I'm seriously not sure what to do :)

And tbh i'd rather not do a combo.

Edited by woodyratm

[quote name='woodyratm' post='739082' date='Feb 8 2010, 04:31 PM']Hey guys,
I need some help here.

I have an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, Ampeg 610HLF and Hartke 1x15 XL.
I recently lost my practice space, which means it is all sitting in my garage not being used at all.

So since i'm not going to be gigging again untill Aug/September at earliest i feel like i'm wasting this rig in the garage.

Should i sell it and get something else perhaps lighter so its easier to carry to a practice space? Or should i just keep it. But in storage for the time being?

If anyone has any suggestions for what to go for let me know.

I'm seriously not sure what to do :)

And tbh i'd rather not do a combo.[/quote]

I'd keep it in storage, your only going to have to buy a rig again when you're gigging again...

Maybe get a cheap head in the meantime and pair it up with your 1x15 so you have a more compact useable rig?

Storing gear in a garage in a good way of making it worthless, sorry to be so blunt. If you need money combined with the fact you've nowhere to store the rig probably best to move it on. Only problem may arise when you go back to gigging, in that you may not have the reddies to buy something you need.