Why become a member? ×

Help PLEASE, what make is this?????????????

sub6

Hi all, this bass is currently residing in a charity shop near me and is supposed to be a fender squire (what the lady in the shop was told) but I have obvious doubts. I have not been able to handle the bass and it has no visible identification and the model / name looks like it has been removed from the headstock, so any bass chatters able to help? photos were taken on my phone so appologies for quality

[attachment=41821:P1740_01__04_02_10.JPG]
[attachment=41822:P1740_04_02_10.JPG]
[attachment=41823:P1741_01__04_02_10.JPG]
[attachment=41824:P1741_02__04_02_10.JPG]
[attachment=41825:P1741_04_02_10.JPG]

Ta Lads an lasses

Sub6

ps it's selling for £70.00

Absolutely not a Squier.

This looks like something from the late 70s / early 80s, probably Korean, that's been modded a lot - those humbuckers aren't original & neither's the scratchplate judging from the fit. This might be an old Hondo or something of that ilk - but whatever it is I think £70 is a bit optimistic, it does look pretty ratty. If you could get it for £40 or thereabouts (unlikely, I guess) it might be an interesting-sounding project with that pickup arrangement.

Jon.

Looks worse than my first bass! It's in the bass bargain bucket alright.

Might make an interesting project to see what you could do with it, if that appeals to you. You should try it, but don't expect too much. Not worth anymore than £50 at a push.

I agree, not worth 70 quid if you don't know what it is. I'd say even 50 quid is pushing it a bit. But it may be full of surprises once it's done up. I'd be interested to know what it sounded like, given all of the stuff that it seems to be stuffed with.