Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick help....

Musicman20

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='733172' date='Feb 2 2010, 05:02 PM']Dont bloody start all that again ;-)

Im not going to look at Gareth's link and i might un subscribe if you lot gush too much over these basses lol.[/quote]

HEHEHE don't worry about Gareths link, just look at my picture instead :):)

[quote name='martthebass' post='733237' date='Feb 2 2010, 05:57 PM']Germany surrounded by Americans........now where have I seen that before.

Only joking :)[/quote]

HAHAHAHA well spotted. I just lined them up that way because I thought it looked prettier and more balanced. I'd be rubbish as a dictactor. Sod burning down villages and destroying everything, I would be making it look all neat and pretty :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='734923' date='Feb 4 2010, 12:01 PM']Oh bloody hell now I've also discovered the Spector Euro Rebop 5 basses are virtually the same prices if not cheaper. In addition, when I mention streamer, bassist keep saying 'may as well get a Spector'.

Anyone compared these?

Bolt on all the way for me. I'm a bit wary of neck through.[/quote]

Drop Molan a PM as he has had a Spector and I think a Warwick. From memory he did not like the tone of the Spector but I could be wrong so worth asking him.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either but I think they have different tones. Personally I would buy Warwick but thats just from a brand perspective. The Spector could be a better instrument.

It is all down to personal preference as I've owned Warwicks and Spectors and tbh I've always been happier with Warwicks. There will of course be those who think the opposite and prefer Spectors over Warwicks (paging 'Cetera' :) )!

My reasoning for W over S is that the Spectors feel (physically and tonally) a bit bloated in comparison to Warwicks. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='734923' date='Feb 4 2010, 12:01 PM']...'may as well get a Spector'...[/quote]
Yep, get a Spector.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='734965' date='Feb 4 2010, 12:50 PM']There will of course be those who think the opposite and prefer Spectors over Warwicks (paging 'Cetera' :) )![/quote]
Yep, get a Spector.

Another one here with an ash bodied 'vette (4 string) and its natural balance does make it want to hang level. It's not obtrusive when playing, but when tuning it tends to slowly creep downwards. The big plus for it is that it's the lightest bass I've ever had.