Why become a member? ×

Right Then, Here Goes....

Hot Tub

Thanks everyone! Basschat really is amazing!

I'm still left with one great big regret though, and that is that I waited so long to do it. I wish I'd been doing this 20 years ago. But, as has been said, the thing now is to keep the momentum going and it doesn't look like there'll be any problem in that regard. Got a couple of offers to go jam with other musos, and possibly a dep call. It's looking good!

:)

Aksherly, I'm gonna link to this in my sig, so maybe this thread will serve as a bit of inspiration to others who are just as terrified as I was. It certainly helped me in a very big way and it would be remiss of me not to pass that on wherever possible.

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='731053' date='Jan 31 2010, 08:41 PM']Thanks everyone! Basschat really is amazing!

I'm still left with one great big regret though, and that is that I waited so long to do it. I wish I'd been doing this 20 years ago. But, as has been said, the thing now is to keep the momentum going and it doesn't look like there'll be any problem in that regard. Got a couple of offers to go jam with other musos, and possibly a dep call. It's looking good!

:)

Aksherly, I'm gonna link to this in my sig, so maybe this thread will serve as a bit of inspiration to others who are just as terrified as I was. It certainly helped me in a very big way and it would be remiss of me not to pass that on wherever possible.[/quote]
Don't regret a thing man, your life being a bit sh*t scared of doing it will translate beautifully into your new-found love.

Keep it up, don't look back! Mrs HT is obviously massively proud of you :rolleyes:

Well f***ing done !!

There's nothing as frustrating as seeing a really good player relegating themselves to the spare room when they should be out gigging.
My brother-in-law is an excellent guitarist and keyboardist, been playing for years but never joined a band. Finally got out to do it and he also regrets the time he spent not playing in public.

Any gig-virgins, pay attention! Go out and do your thing for others to enjoy!
(Just don't ninja my spot in my band, if you're 1. a better player than me, 2. easier to get along with, 3. better looking.
Anyone who comes along fulfilling any two of those criteria will likely result in me getting fired in pretty short order.

Bollocks, who am I kidding? Any 1 criteria)

I'm sat here with a huge smile on my face 'cos I know exactly how you feel - well done! I had my first gig aged 50 and wondered what life would be like if I had done it 30 yrs earlier. But for sure the best place to be in life is outside your comfort zone. At least once you look back on it :) Someone once said 'if you only ever do what you've done, you'll only ever have what you've had'. Or something like that but more eloquent.

[quote name='neilb' post='730721' date='Jan 31 2010, 04:15 PM']Oh dear, obviously wasnt good. Hes committed Hari Kiri with a sharp end cut of a G string.

RIP Hot Tub[/quote]

Maybe they played Mustang Sally and he's still in Accident and Emergency...
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=75519&view=findpost&p=730124"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=730124[/url]

Edit.. ah beaten to it on the Headstock PR activity associated with Mustang Sally, and way late to the congratulations part of this but ...

Well done you! :)

Edited by OldGit

• 4 weeks later...

I've just read this and actually laughed out loud many many times.

I did my first gig so long ago I can't remember..............I was 12 ( 47 now ), played guitar for a couple of gigs then the band decided it needed a bass player. As I was the youngest by a long way, I was told either learn bass or we replace you with a bass player. I had no idea what a bass was, but got one and gigged with it that night. I knew where C was so could work out the triads, but played with a capo on 2nd fret when we played a song in D ..............I WAS only 12, give me break here, and had owned a bass for less than 10 hours before I stepped on stage. This was a well payed cllub band btw..............well, well payed for a 12 year old anyway. £20 a gig back in 1974. A fortune.
Sorry I'm rambling.
Jolly well done to HT, for doing the gig and potentially bagging a dep job too.

I love playing bass......

Stewart