Why become a member? ×

Ashdown.

tom1946

Morning all.

Could I have a bit of amp advice please.
I've acquired through a deal with other stuff an Ashdown rig, quite old. It's a C115-200 combo and a matching cab, both are 1x15". The cab is a blue line.

Can't find much out about them and I want to move them on asap. How much would you think they are worth?
All in good working order.

I don't want to put it up for sale without an idea of its value, ie' offers, or I will probably be taken outside and shot. :)

Thanks.

Edited by tom1946

Could be one of the original Klystron Bass Magnifiers? What does it say on the front? I have one of these very early 1x15 200W combos too. I think you should aim for the "first of a classic range" type thing and aim for the future collactability!!

Otherwise.. no idea of price.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='728222' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:54 PM']but the combo is probably a uk made one from ashdowns first few years of prouduction.[/quote]

Yeah I remember seeing these reviewed in Bassist magazine when Ashdown was a new company. It was one of their first products.

It must be knocking on a bit now because the MAG 200 head became the MAG 250 around about 2000/2001 so I would say it's from the late 1990s. They were great little combos for the time.

I would say it's worth about £80-100 if it's all in good working order and the driver isn't knackered, and the cab about £40-50. There's no harm in having a punt at a price you think is reasonable. Don't worry about it being too high. The forum rules forbid anyone from shooting you :)

Don't rule out Gumtree either. I've had better results selling bass gear on there. People don't take the piss so much.