Why become a member? ×

New Overwater Models

NJE

I just sifted through my lesser used email account and found an email from Overwater. Apparently they are now offering vintage style Jazz and Precision Style Basses in 4 and 5 String. They are either Passive or fitted witha passive buffer system to bring them up to an active output.

Just wondering if anyone has one yet? I have been geting some serious GAS for a 5 String P recently and would love to see one from Overwater.

This is the Jazz, the finish looks stunning and Im not usually a burst kinda chap

[attachment=41244:ow_dec12_01.jpg]

Might be an idea to get in touch with Chris or Laurence if you fancy a Custom 5 string P Bass.

The guys are pretty receptive & I'm sure they wouldn't be adverse to a request for a P Bass build, I'd like to see how that would turn out (if you do, make sure you get regular pics up on the forum - the one regret I've got is that I never got any pics of when my Jazz was being built).

Cheers,
iamthewalrus

[quote name='NJE' post='726156' date='Jan 27 2010, 11:10 AM']I just sifted through my lesser used email account and found an email from Overwater. Apparently they are now offering vintage style Jazz and Precision Style Basses in 4 and 5 String. They are either Passive or fitted witha passive buffer system to bring them up to an active output.

Just wondering if anyone has one yet? I have been geting some serious GAS for a 5 String P recently and would love to see one from Overwater.

This is the Jazz, the finish looks stunning and Im not usually a burst kinda chap

[attachment=41244:ow_dec12_01.jpg][/quote]

I believe this is Laurence's bass

I wish I could afford to get myself another Overwater, I would love a 5 string Jazz or P to go alongside my Progress. The way things are at the minute though I am going to have to really save some cash just to get the bass to Chris May and the guys for a 8 year MOT. i am thinking about getting the new EQ fitted too which could add even more on to the bill.

I am still holding a tiny ammount of hope that I might win the Overwater competition though. :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='727793' date='Jan 28 2010, 04:42 PM']I love Overwater's custom stuff, but these jazz copies are looking a little tired...as is the whole "super jazz" thing for me now![/quote]
i love em Chris, but it does get to a point when a 'Jazz bass" or super Jazz is not really being true to the original theme...My Sei is a jazz (shape) but its not really a jazz in tone...My Fender CS, now thats a Jazz bass.. :)