Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB112 for sale

GreeneKing

Right, now this is complex so sit down and have a cuppa :)

I have a pair of Aguilar DB112's that are great cabs, really excellent. They have Aggie padded covers and one is an NT (no tweeter).

I need a pair of EA CX112 cabs. A good friend is happy to do a swap with an EA for the tweeter equipped Aguilar but not the other.

So, for sale is a Chocolate brown Aguilar DB112 NT with the official padded and expensive cover for £300.

Also consider trading for one EA CX112 or sale of pair for £600 or trade of pair for pair of EA CX112's.

Would also consider a trade of the DB112NT for any good quality cab that fits the bill.

See I said it was a bit complex.

Reason? EA heads definitely need EA cabs to perform at their best imo.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='723178' date='Jan 24 2010, 03:19 PM']EA heads definitely need EA cabs to perform at their best imo.[/quote]

Nahhh! :rolleyes: :)

Lovely little cabs them and they sounded sweet with the RH amp. Why the switch to EA?

[quote name='BB2000' post='723199' date='Jan 24 2010, 03:33 PM']Don't rule out EA Wizzy cabs (especially the MLines).[/quote]

I had a quick look at the Wizzy cabs John but aren't they rated at quite a low wattage.

Funny but true - EA CX112 8 ohm cabs have 4 ohm drivers in them ( :)) , which explains why:

1. LM heads shut down when using a pair

2. EA heads (that go down to 2 ohms) sound so good through them, positively come alive even.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='724831' date='Jan 26 2010, 08:39 AM']I had a quick look at the Wizzy cabs John but aren't they rated at quite a low wattage.[/quote]

They have a high sensitivity though, which makes them efficient.

[quote]Funny but true - EA CX112 8 ohm cabs have 4 ohm drivers in them ( :rolleyes:) , which explains why:[/quote]

Weird :)