Why become a member? ×

SOLD - For Sale or Swap: Bass Centre - Stadium

Oggy

[color="#2E8B57"][size=6]SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD[/size][/color]

I bought this Bass three years ago from the Bass Centre. I was looking for an active Bass that would give me a whole pallet of sounds and tones to chose from - I found it! I’ve only ever used it at home, it never even got to a rehearsal, it’s in immaculate condition and plays really well. I also have a Cort C4P that I favor but even that has got to go “why? :lol: ” I hear you ask. Well I’ve finally decided that I’m going down the Fender route and have my eye on a Fender Jazz - Medium :wub: , you can guess the rest - thats right, I’ve got to get the money together. I’ll see how / if this sale happens here first, if it’s a no go I’ll give it a go on the dreaded ‘ebay :ph34r: ’.

So I have the Bass Centre ‘Stadium’ (Bartolini p/u's, 3 position p/u selection switch, gain, tone and 2 x volume. virtually no fret ware and 'very very' minor paint blemishes) up for sale, together with a flight case thats built like a brick one. I’m asking for £250, includes the comfort strap and case. The case - I doubt you could buy a case like it now, 'hand built' by 5-Star Cases Ltd, Sutton Ely, Cambridge.

[i][color="#008080"][size=4]EDIT: 16/01/2010 - Seeing as I've had loads of interest in this Bass, and lots of very positive comments from those that know these things, but no offers; how about a Swap for a Fender Precision Lyte? I'm sure one or two of you chaps have one lurking in a dark corner. I'd be happy to do a direct swap for a 'good nik' one.[/size][/color][/i] [color="#0000FF"][size=4]Please feel free to send a PM with some pic's :) [/size][/color]

Have a look at the images below, if you would like to ask me any questions you can fire me an email: [email="timcorbett101"hotmail.com"]MY EMAIL[/email] I’ll try my best to answer any queries, I’m not sure how to answer on Basschat but I’ll also give that a go. I would much prefer to have the Bass picked up from me (Borehamwood - Hertfordshire) or arrange a meet, I wouldn’t be interested in sending it overseas or far flung places - yes I’m a lazy SOB. I’d hope that any prospective buyer would want to get their hand on, and see the Bass before parting with any cash, I know I would, your welcome to come on down :rolleyes: .

Thanks for looking...[attachment=40822:DSCF0138.jpg]...[attachment=40825:DSCF0137.jpg]...[attachment=40823:DSCF
0139.jpg]...[attachment=40824:DSCF0141.jpg]...[attachment=40820:DSCF0136.jpg]...[attachment=40819:DS
C
F0135.jpg]...[attachment=40818:DSCF0134.jpg][color="#FFA500"][/color]

Edited by Oggy

Lovely bass - it may be worth mentioning that these were designed by Michael Tobias and made under licence. IIRC they had a lightweight body (possibly basswood), a 1-pce maple neck and a nice wenge fingerboard. Electronics were Bart single coils, with volume, pan and stacked bass/treble cut/boost, with a 3-position mid switch common to most Tobias-designed basses. The Hipshot bridge is a nice touch, too.
They originally came in black and pilsner (think the colour of lager) - black was much nicer. Not dissimilar to a cheaper version of the modern MTD. In any case, a superb bass with tons of growl for very silly money.
Have a bump on me!

[quote name='XB26354' post='721692' date='Jan 22 2010, 09:52 PM']Lovely bass - it may be worth mentioning that these were designed by Michael Tobias and made under licence. IIRC they had a lightweight body (possibly basswood), a 1-pce maple neck and a nice wenge fingerboard. Electronics were Bart single coils, with volume, pan and stacked bass/treble cut/boost, with a 3-position mid switch common to most Tobias-designed basses. The Hipshot bridge is a nice touch, too.
They originally came in black and pilsner (think the colour of lager) - black was much nicer. Not dissimilar to a cheaper version of the modern MTD. In any case, a superb bass with tons of growl for very silly money.
Have a bump on me![/quote]

I just knew I was on a winner when I joined this site :lol: . I think it’s really great that members, like yourself, will lend a hand to us newbies :) . I’m not sure about this BUMP thing though; what’s that all about? The last time someone gave me a BUMP I lost my no claims :lol: .

Thanks very much for your input, I really do appreciate it. God knows what I’m going to do when I advertise the Cort C4P - it’s got pizza in the bridge and I’m dammed if I know if it’s got anchovies on it :rolleyes: .

wow, that's very nice, bargain for £250. Yeah i thought it looked like an MTD, i had no idea that the bass centre had licensed the design (i guess they were made in the korean MTD factory and rebadged). I'd love this, but i can't afford it, unfortunately :)

Also "bump" is when you add another post to your thread to send it to the top of the forum.
Welcome, by the way :rolleyes:

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='XB26354' post='721692' date='Jan 22 2010, 09:52 PM']Lovely bass - it may be worth mentioning that these were designed by Michael Tobias and made under licence. IIRC they had a lightweight body (possibly basswood), a 1-pce maple neck and a nice wenge fingerboard. Electronics were Bart single coils, with volume, pan and stacked bass/treble cut/boost, with a 3-position mid switch common to most Tobias-designed basses. The Hipshot bridge is a nice touch, too.
Have a bump on me![/quote]
+1

Thank you all for the comments and info / history on this bass :) , I only bought it because it sounded great and the guys at the Bass Centre just let me get on with trying it through several amp's - no pressure applied.

Nice to know that you guys are happy with the price and the bass. I'll give it week before sticking it on ebay, I just hope it goes to a home where it'll get taken out and giged.

Thanks again all...........

[quote name='bassaussie' post='721879' date='Jan 23 2010, 07:55 AM']Just to add to the MTD connection, if I remember correctly, these are actually a rebadged MTD Grendel, which was a Czech made MTD. I remember trying one out in the Bass Centre in London and thinking what a great bass it was.[/quote]
Correct, I e-mailed Mike Tobias about one of these a few years back and that was his reply.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='722014' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:03 AM']Correct, I e-mailed Mike Tobias about one of these a few years back and that was his reply.[/quote]
That's one of the great things about Mike Tobias; he always answers his emails!

This bass happens to look really good IMO, as well as being a bit of a bargain...

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='723210' date='Jan 24 2010, 03:42 PM']how can i persuade you to send to Brighton, UK ?
Welcome to Basschat.[/quote]

HI flippyflop,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for your interest :rolleyes: .

You could offer to pay for the courier service and insurance! Have to warn you though - I've just put the Bass back in its case and stuck it on the [u]bathroom scales[/u], it comes in at 12,1 Kg's, I'd estimate the dimensions would be (after wrapping in some heavy duty cardboard) L 124 cm x W 42 cm x D 12 cm. The case, is as mentioned, is hand built like the preverbal brick doda, so unless it gets run over by a tank it'll be snug as a bug.

Make a few phone calls to your local friendly courier service and see how you feel about it :) .

Thanks again for getting back to me. Quite an interesting history with the Stadium, I didn't know any of it. Really nice that the more experienced members can keep an eye out and fill us in on this stuff - :lol:

Regards Oggy

Andy Hold The Presses - Disregard the above - My Missus has just had a bright idea, I hate it when she comes up with stuff like this. I could get on a train in Borehamwood straight into St Pancras, change, then get the train to Brighton! That way you would get the Bass, I could pick up the cash and best of all - you could buy me a pint and I get to use my Senior Citizens Rail Concession Card :lol: .

Have to be on a Saturday tough - let me know.

Edited by Oggy

Well Chaps,

It looks as though I’ve lost my nibble for this bass :rolleyes: . I’ll give it another couple of days then resort to the ‘Hell Hole’ called ebay - Agggghhhh :) .

Not really sure what to think, I thought it was a good price for a virtually unused Bass, did I get it soooooooooo wrong :lol: .

Still love this site though, great bunch of very knowledgeable / helpful members :lol: .

Oggy :lol:

It's just a difficult moment to sell anything, believe me.
Your bass is a really good instrument, hope will make happy a fellow BCer and not the Evilbay.
Free bump for a great bass!

+1 for the Grendel

[quote name='Oggy' post='724975' date='Jan 26 2010, 12:48 PM']Well Chaps,
It looks as though I’ve lost my nibble for this bass :rolleyes: . I’ll give it another couple of days then resort to the ‘Hell Hole’ called ebay - Agggghhhh :) .
Not really sure what to think, I thought it was a good price for a virtually unused Bass, did I get it soooooooooo wrong :lol: .
Still love this site though, great bunch of very knowledgeable / helpful members :lol: .
Oggy :lol:[/quote]

Edited by ialma

Hi ialma,

I just don't get it :lol:. Great Bass with a good pedigree for very little money but no takers :).

I could understand it if it was in rubbish condition but honestly it's like new.

Thanks very much for the Bump - Fingers crossed.

Oggy :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's just a matter of luck, finding the right buyer at the right time.
I'm sure your bass will go very fast, since is indeed a sought Grendel, which go in a 500£ range used.
Crossed fingers (and another free bump :lol: ) for you!

[quote name='Oggy' post='725426' date='Jan 26 2010, 05:54 PM']Hi ialma,
I just don't get it :lol:. Great Bass with a good pedigree for very little money but no takers :).
I could understand it if it was in rubbish condition but honestly it's like new.
Thanks very much for the Bump - Fingers crossed.
Oggy :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='ialma' post='725734' date='Jan 26 2010, 09:00 PM']Sometimes it's just a matter of luck, finding the right buyer at the right time.
I'm sure your bass will go very fast, since is indeed a sought Grendel, which go in a 500£ range used.
Crossed fingers (and another free bump :lol: ) for you![/quote]

Hi ialma,

I had a pm from a chap only a few min's after your first reply, no quibbling just "I'll take it". You didn't have a word with him; did you? :rolleyes:

That Stadium of yours is a fine looking machine, are you using it regularly?

When I bought that Stadium I'd made my mind up I was ditching the Blues and "gonna play in a function band", I just couldn't do it. Nothing against function bands I might add, I've done enough 'Dad's Dancing' to them in my time, much to the annoyance of missus :) and encouragement from mates :lol: . I have to say that for the Blues, Blues/Rock and old style R&B I play in my current band the 'Cort C4P' has all the right noises, it just doesn't look the part and I'm a bit of a short arse anyway.

My ultimate plan, for want of a better excuse, is to keep the Cort as a backup Bass and acquire an American Fender Jazz 3TS :wub: plus a Japanese Fender Precision Lyte (rare as hen' teeth - dark colour preferred), anyway, that's the plan.

Thank for your words of encouragement, really appreciated. Keep in touch and let me know if your playing and what you play, always time to exchange views.

Oggy :lol:

PS. Have a listen to the MP3's of the current band at [url="http://www.lemonrock.com/bluestrinity"]Blues Trinity[/url], that' us with me on Vocals and Bass - I'd never have made it in a Function band :lol: .