Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic 60's Strat

After not playing it for quite some time I have decided that someone else may as well get some use out of it.

First and foremost, this guitar is not in great cosmetic condition but plays stunningly well. There are a number of marks and scratch's present along with a rather nasty gash on the front thanks to one drunken mistake. Also, it is missing the the back tremolo cover and minus the stupid whammy/tremolo arm. It is the fetching 3 colour sunburst colour complete with mint green stratchgaurd.

Dispite all these flaws, it really is a beaut to play. It would make a perfectly decent second/back up guitar for someone or, if your not bothered about the looks a really nice guitar for a starter. I will be putting this up for a bargain price. If there is any interest in the guitar then I will post pictures.

I have just recieved a phone bill for £177 so would happily take that, postage extra.

[quote name='The Marlin' post='711168' date='Jan 13 2010, 12:21 PM']Do you know when it was made? Got any pickies?

Cheers

Mr Marlin[/quote]
"Classic 60's" suggests made in Mexico. I could be completely wrong though!

Sounds like a bargain if the Classic series guitars are as good as the Classic series basses.

Would like to see some pics too!

Hi guys, thanks for all the interest so far.

I will be putting photo's up this evening hopefully detailing the overal condition of the guitar, as I say there are cosmetic flaws in the finish. This is obviously the reason for the price but as I said before the playing condition is sublime. The neck is perfect and the sound that comes from this guitar is as good as when it left the shop. Viewing would be ideall because I dont want people to think I have mislead them and the buyer ending up being unhappy with what they have bought. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, pictures in a couple of hours when I can find my camera.

Thanks again people.

Here are a few pictures as requested. The third one along shows the gash just under the bridge but I admit that the pictures arent great. Its hard getting a decent close up photo with my old rubbish camera. I hope that these help though.

Any more questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

[quote name='The Marlin' post='711602' date='Jan 13 2010, 05:16 PM']where/when was it made?
Cheers

Mr Marlin[/quote]

If it's a Classic series it is Mexican.

Seriously though, why even ask? That's a bargain regardless whether it's 1 year or 10 years old!

I am tempted, but I have a thing about only buying 'as new' guitars. So, dings and deep scratches really put me off. If anyone is interested, I just wanted to add that I once had a Fender Strat Antigua which was made in Japan in 2003. The quality of this instrument was incredible - the second I touched it, I just felt the quality oozing out of it. I only sold it after losing my job, and alway deeply regretted it.

If anyone is after a strat, a Japanese Strat for £177 is a real bargain.

My recomendation is to put it on ebay, you should get at least £250 for it.

All the best

Mr Marlin