Why become a member? ×

***SOLD Trace Elliot AH300SMX/Peavey 4X10 **SOLD

Thor

:rolleyes: :)

As some of you may have picked up on another of my posts on here "Doctor's Orders", I am VERY reluctantly offering my bass rig for sale - this rig has effortlessly served me (without fault) for the last 5 years and I am convinced that, handled with the same care that I have lavished on it, it will continue to perform for many years to come.

The amp is in remarkabley good condition without so much as a scratch on it, the only "fault" with it is that one of the small black plastic blanking covers that cover the screws which hold the amp into the casing is missing - I'm sure if this was to bother the next owner he/she could probably source one from TE for a few pence - see last picture.

The cabs are in good used condition - bearing in mind the physical size of the cabs and the fact they're often loaded into the van first and then have gear loaded along side/on top of them, yes they look a bit tatty but there are no tears to the carpeting covering the cabs and there are no dents in the front grille/mesh cover of the front of the cabs, they've just been used for the purpose they were intended for. The speakers themselves look good and sound even better - phenomenal (sp?), the horns in each cab are in good working order. I've very often had compliments from other musicians and sound engineers that the sound this rig produces is enough to "make your knees tremble"!

I'm sure that anyone who knows anything about Trace Elliot will realise that this amp head is seriously well engineered.

The price I'm hoping for this beauty is £475.00 and I'm looking for £150.00 for each of the cabs.

Being a newbie on here if you'd like some feedback for me, please contact Josh (that's his username on here) as he's recently purchased my Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string, I'd like to think he'd vouch for me....anyway, any questions or more photos you may require, please shout and I'd be more than happy to help out.

I may be putting this on Fleabay in the near future but thought I'd try here first as I really do care about my kit and would like to think that it's going to a good home, also, anyone localish is more than welcome to come and have a look at the gear in the flesh (so to speak)/give it a try out :lol:
I make a decent cuppa too! :lol: Edited by Thor

[quote name='mikhay77' post='703229' date='Jan 6 2010, 06:31 PM']Good luck with the sale,great head and that is 300 trace watts,lol, head alone is worth £250 to £300 easy, especially with the built in comp!Good sounding cabs too.BUMP.[/quote]

Hey thanks for your kind words - I do hope that folk realise this is probably one of the last "proper" TE's, do you think the pricing is realistic? I spoke to the Bass Centre (et al) and e-mailed them photos of the head/cabs and they suggested that to shift this I should price it as I have...had a few peeps view the ad but no one make an offer or even ask if price is negotiable?? I know TE had a few problems a while back but this head is seriously bombproof!

Anyway, thanks for the bump dude :) and also whilst I'm here I may as well mention my other post regarding a load of odds and sods stuff I'm looking to trade - it's in other musically related stuff. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='703413' date='Jan 6 2010, 08:39 PM']I had the 400W version of this amp....yep...it was awesome. VERY loud...and a great clear/punchy/bright Trace sound.

Bump. Good luck.[/quote]

Hey, thanks again for the kind words - this Trace Rig sounds the [b]muts nuts [/b](and if it wasn't for buggering up two discs that are likely to need surgery soon then I wouldn't even consider selling this gear!) BUT! Listen up guys I'm a reasonable bloke who NEEDS TO SELL this gear and the other gear listed in other musically related stuff to fund the purchase of something like this:

[url="http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/TC_Electronic/Combo_450_Bass_Amplifier_Combo"]http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/TC_Elect...Amplifier_Combo[/url]
and/or maybe one or two of these
[url="http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/TC_Electronic/RebelStack_212_Bass_2_x_12%22_Bass_Cab"]http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/TC_Elect..._12%22_Bass_Cab[/url]
and one of these
[url="http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/TC_Electronic/RebelHead_450_Bass_Amp_Head"]http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/TC_Elect...0_Bass_Amp_Head[/url]

I REALLY need some lightweight stuff since blowing my back to buggery, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you're at all interested talk to me :)

[b][color="#FF0000"]Price reduction of head to £400[/color][/b] - you know it makes sense! Worth every penny all day long :rolleyes:

Hup to it :lol:

Being as you asked, the pricing on the head is fair, but the cabs are fairly overpriced if you want a quick sale.

I had a similar model and it attracted plenty of attention on here, but failed to sell at £60. Food for thought if you deseperately need rid?

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
James

[quote name='Moos3h' post='704830' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:40 PM']Being as you asked, the pricing on the head is fair, but the cabs are fairly overpriced if you want a quick sale.

I had a similar model and it attracted plenty of attention on here, but failed to sell at £60. Food for thought if you deseperately need rid?

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
James[/quote]

Hey James,

Thanks for your feedback - I'm a sensible/balanced sort of guy - just a bit out of touch with pricing of used gear it would seem! I appreciate feedback good or bad - I think it's important to listen to other peoples (possibly more informed) point of view/perspective and then choose how to act on any information received, I'm kinda dissapointed to think the cabs would go for so little seeing as how they perform (and believe me they do perform - certainly get my jeans flapping when the band's cooking)! You've certainly given me plenty to think about for sure, and for that, I thank you.

Such a PITA having been forced down this route in the first place but then as Mrs Thor says, health comes first! She's a Nurse btw - so no blagging her then! :)

[b][color="#FF0000"]OK Folks, so it seems the TE Head is fairly priced at £400, any offers on the table for the whole rig - the forum is yours![/color][/b]

[quote name='Musicman20' post='704827' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:37 PM']Good choice on the new gear as well ![/quote]

Hey Gareth,

Looking forward to trying out the TC Electronic Amp and cabs - having done loads of research I think they sound exactly what I'm after /just the ticket, but hopefully will find out on Sunday when I'm planning on going to try some gear out.:) (Weather permitting of course!)

[quote name='Thor' post='704927' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:46 PM']Hey James,

Thanks for your feedback - I'm a sensible/balanced sort of guy - just a bit out of touch with pricing of used gear it would seem! I appreciate feedback good or bad - I think it's important to listen to other peoples (possibly more informed) point of view/perspective and then choose how to act on any information received, I'm kinda dissapointed to think the cabs would go for so little seeing as how they perform (and believe me they do perform - certainly get my jeans flapping when the band's cooking)! You've certainly given me plenty to think about for sure, and for that, I thank you.

Such a PITA having been forced down this route in the first place but then as Mrs Thor says, health comes first! She's a Nurse btw - so no blagging her then! :rolleyes:

[b][color="#FF0000"]OK Folks, so it seems the TE Head is fairly priced at £400, any offers on the table for the whole rig - the forum is yours![/color][/b][/quote]

[b][color="#FF0000"]Come on now folks, don't be shy :) [/color][/b]

[quote name='Moos3h' post='704830' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:40 PM']Being as you asked, the pricing on the head is fair, but the cabs are fairly overpriced if you want a quick sale.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
James[/quote]
Unfortunately it was just the location that did it. If you'd been any closer, I would have bitten your hand off. All the bargains seem to be "Dahn Sarf" at the moment. :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='705629' date='Jan 8 2010, 03:54 PM']Unfortunately it was just the location that did it. If you'd been any closer, I would have bitten your hand off. All the bargains seem to be "Dahn Sarf" at the moment. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well we could always negotiate a delivery arrangement - I'd be quite happy with £20 of fuel, a bacon buttie (or two) and a cup of coffee! What do you say to that?? :)

QUOTE (BigAlonBass @ Jan 8 2010, 03:54 PM)
Unfortunately it was just the location that did it. If you'd been any closer, I would have bitten your hand off. All the bargains seem to be "Dahn Sarf" at the moment.

Well we could always negotiate a delivery arrangement - I'd be quite happy with £20 of fuel, a bacon buttie (or two) and a cup of coffee! What do you say to that??

Have you got the kettle on yet, also I prefer tomato sauce & brown bread....BUMP :)

Right chaps (and ladies of course), I've bumped this back to the top, am keen to offload the rig as a whole or just the cabs (am thinking I may keep the amp as a spare), any sensible offers of cash or trade will be considered. I just had this finish on Fleabay last night and it failed to meet the (what i thought was a very reasonable) reserve price.

Would be particularly keen to trade for another bass, perhaps a MIM jazz/Warwick bolt on/ (Semi) Acoustic bass plus cash adjustment either way. WHY??

Cheers, Pete. :)

[quote name='Thor' post='715746' date='Jan 17 2010, 04:04 PM']Right chaps (and ladies of course), I've bumped this back to the top, am keen to offload the rig as a whole or just the cabs (am thinking I may keep the amp as a spare), any sensible offers of cash or trade will be considered. I just had this finish on Fleabay last night and it failed to meet the (what i thought was a very reasonable) reserve price.

Would be particularly keen to trade for another bass, perhaps a MIM jazz/Warwick bolt on/ (Semi) Acoustic bass plus cash adjustment either way. WHY??

Cheers, Pete. :)[/quote]

Shameless BUMP! :rolleyes:

Gigged New Mark Bass Rig on saturday - awesome sound from such a lightweight rig - really pleased! :lol: