Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Hamster

New Year thinning down :)

I've had this for just over a year and have enjoyed it immensely as a fantastic one-cab solution.

A Bill Fitzmaurice design Omni15 'TallBoy' - [url="http://www.billfitzmaurice.info/Omni15.html"]http://www.billfitzmaurice.info/Omni15.html[/url]

It's an 8ohm cab handling 450w built by David_L_Perry (who inhabits these forums if you want to PM him for any internal technical type info.)

It's a real trouser-flapper and because it's so sensitive it takes less power to get to really loud levels.

Taken from Bill Fitzmaurice's website:
[i]
"On average 4dB higher in sensitivity than a reflex box, the Omni uses less than half the watts to reach the same volume level. The 100dB/watt average sensitivity from 40 to 100 Hz is as good as most 15 or even 18 inch subs. On electric bass the Omni has deeper lows than the average 2x15, stronger mids than the average 2x10, and unsurpassed highs."[/i]

I had a custom fitted cover made for it by RoqSolid which is excellent quality and included with the cab.

It has cab wheels on the rear bottom edge and two large cabinet handles along the rear top edge to make transportation a doddle. There's also a sprung case handle on each side. Twin speakon sockets on the back.

Here's a clip of David wrecking a local Church building with it - turn your speakers up :rolleyes: :

and some naff piccies:

[attachment=39108:SANY0552.JPG]
[attachment=39111:SANY0553.JPG]
[attachment=39112:SANY0554.JPG]
[attachment=39114:SANY0555.JPG]
[attachment=39113:SANY0556.JPG]
[attachment=39109:SANY0557.JPG]

I'm looking for £300 please :lol:

The only item I'm interested in accepting as a trade is a Barefaced Compact (to match the one I already have)

I can arrange insured delivery with the courier of your choice and you pay only what it costs me to ship.

Dimensions (unpacked) are:

Weight: 41kg
Height: 103cm
Width: 53cm
Depth: 50cm

I purchased the plans to build one of these but have never got around to building it. Compared to most commercial cabinets, the figures would suggest that you'll get nothing like it for the cost and yet I've seen a few pop up on this forum alone. Why would anyone want to sell such an effiecient, well sorted cab?

That said, £300 is a steal.....good luck with the sale

*BUMP*

[quote name='fede162162' post='698498' date='Jan 2 2010, 12:44 AM']hello, what about weight and woofers you used?[/quote]

I didn't build it but the woofer is an Eminence Kappalite Neo 3015LF and the cab weighs about 91 lbs / 41kgs.

edit: correction to weight

[quote name='gilmour' post='698600' date='Jan 2 2010, 11:05 AM']Wow,

that's a bargain, mine cost me more than that in parts alone ! and Dave Perry's building work is fantastic.

For those who haven't heard these the sound is fantastic, IMO the best one box solution for bass.

Would two be to many?[/quote]

Was that the cab you had down in Reading Rob? It was damn incredible!

[quote name='bigthumb' post='698617' date='Jan 2 2010, 11:23 AM']Was that the cab you had down in Reading Rob? It was damn incredible![/quote]

Yup - and I love it :rolleyes: of course mine isn't as pretty or well made as this.

Sadly because of my leg (I'm still on one crutch) I can only use at gigs when I can persuade our drummer to come and collect it :) but hopefully I'll be up and about in the next few weeks.

Edited by gilmour

I've an Omni 15 LowBoy - same drivers just lower and wider cab. Bloody marvelous! Loud, very clear and more bottom than all the large ladies of (insert name of town/city of your choice here)!

Whoever buys this will [u]not[/u] feel let down. F'Christsake, you couldn't build it yourself for this price not to mention the hours!

Well deserved bump! :)