Why become a member? ×

Hello from east

demanufacture

Hello. My name is Rafal and I'm writing from Poland :lol: I'm not native English speaker so please don't be angry for my weak English knowledge :rolleyes:

I'm playing bass from about 5 years and I'm constructing amplification (today basscabs but I'm finishing my own bass amp :lol: I will show it when it will be ready).

I'm a carbon fiber maniac and I love bases which are have carbon fiber necks or are fully made of it :lol: for example Status or Modulus :lol:

my gear:
- Musicman Cutlass bass made in '83 (carbon fiber neck :lol:)
- Trace Elliot AH100 GP7 (series 6) - this amp is only for a moment but it sounds good or its price
- DMNF 410 cab (it's cab build by myself with my own speakers :lol:)

Gear I had but I sold it:

- Mesa Boogie 1516BE Diesel
- Ampeg SVT 2p preamp
- Sansamp RBI
- Korg DTR2 (I'm going to buy it again )
- EBS TD600 Fafner

PS and again sorry for my English :) and Merry Christmas :lol:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='693573' date='Dec 26 2009, 06:04 AM']welcome to BC matey. I've owned three Cutlass basses, a couple of ones and a two. Whats the serial on yours and can you get low action on it? Any shots of it?[/quote]

its cutlass 1 serial: B023151 action 3mm on E string on 12th fret. If I get it lower then i have terrible fretbuzz

[quote name='demanufacture' post='694628' date='Dec 28 2009, 01:56 AM']its cutlass 1 serial: B023151 action 3mm on E string on 12th fret. If I get it lower then i have terrible fretbuzz[/quote]
All three of mine had the same issue. :) If you'd had an instrument that was capable of low action I would have been booking air tickets to Poland. :rolleyes: Does the headstock say Cutlass or Cutlass 1?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='694666' date='Dec 28 2009, 10:12 AM']All three of mine had the same issue. :) If you'd had an instrument that was capable of low action I would have been booking air tickets to Poland. :lol: Does the headstock say Cutlass or Cutlass 1?[/quote]

I'm still trying :rolleyes:

It's only Cutlass on headstock

Oh really?! No 1 after 'cutlass' on the headstock? Yours is one of the earliest by the sound of it.

Out of interest do you know what the date on the neck is? The neck will have a series of three numbers handwritten in black marker under the finish. (Although supposedly made from 1980, I've yet to find a Cutlass that wasn't made in '83 or '84.)

[quote name='demanufacture' post='693561' date='Dec 26 2009, 12:56 AM']Hello. My name is Rafal and I'm writing from Poland :rolleyes: I'm not native English speaker so please don't be angry for my weak English knowledge :)[/quote]

med student? into jazz fusion...?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='696112' date='Dec 30 2009, 12:11 PM']Oh really?! No 1 after 'cutlass' on the headstock? Yours is one of the earliest by the sound of it.

Out of interest do you know what the date on the neck is? The neck will have a series of three numbers handwritten in black marker under the finish. (Although supposedly made from 1980, I've yet to find a Cutlass that wasn't made in '83 or '84.)[/quote]

Really there is only Cutlass :) Its Serial is B023151

[b]Jarhead[/b] I was their big fan :rolleyes: I still like them and I think that "Demanufacture" was their the best album.

[b]Tech[/b]: technical highschool student and I hope electrical engineer in future :lol:

Edited by demanufacture