Why become a member? ×

Squier JV Precision Neck FEELER

henry norton

I've made a new neck for my JV Precision so the original is floating around not doing much. It's all original except for a brass nut. The tuners are tarnished, there are a few areas where the cellulose has flaked off (the worst bit's under the first fret) on the board but the back is pretty much like new, the frets are good and the whole thing is as straight as a die.

I may as well keep it if it's not worth much to anyone but am interested in letting it go if it's got some value to it.

[quote name='henry norton' post='689133' date='Dec 19 2009, 03:32 PM']I've made a new neck for my JV Precision so the original is floating around not doing much. It's all original except for a brass nut. The tuners are tarnished, there are a few areas where the cellulose has flaked off (the worst bit's under the first fret) on the board but the back is pretty much like new, the frets are good and the whole thing is as straight as a die.

I may as well keep it if it's not worth much to anyone but am interested in letting it go if it's got some value to it.[/quote]

You would be better off keeping it in case you ever decide to sell the bass. it wouldn't be worth much wihout the original neck

[quote name='ianrunci' post='689159' date='Dec 19 2009, 04:07 PM']You would be better off keeping it in case you ever decide to sell the bass. it wouldn't be worth much wihout the original neck[/quote]

I agree. The bass would be worth far more complete, should you ever choose to sell.

[quote name='henry norton' post='689133' date='Dec 19 2009, 03:32 PM']I've made a new neck for my JV Precision so the original is floating around not doing much. It's all original except for a brass nut. The tuners are tarnished, there are a few areas where the cellulose has flaked off (the worst bit's under the first fret) on the board but the back is pretty much like new, the frets are good and the whole thing is as straight as a die.

I may as well keep it if it's not worth much to anyone but am interested in letting it go if it's got some value to it.[/quote]

PM'd