Why become a member? ×

kent armstrong hot vintage pickup.

bassmansky

[quote name='bassmansky' post='689029' date='Dec 19 2009, 01:09 PM']Basically is this pickup going to give me more growl and volume than whats already on my squier cv 60's pbass?[/quote]

A couple of reviews here:

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass+Pickup/product/Kent+Armstrong/VPV+Vintage+P-Bass/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...age+P-Bass/10/1[/url]

Will.

I've used one a few years ago - the answer is Probably. You might also find you have to file the scratchplate a bit? Mine seemed a little "oversized" compared to most. My best P pup experience was the Dimarzio model P - a really good sound with plenty of mid range to give definition. I thought it was better then any "real fender" I' heard...but I've only heard a few.

hmm not sure. I use them with an East pre and the sound is big and solid but I wouldn't say a vintage tone. It is a Jazz on steroids but I'd prefer a bit more character and less grunt.
My Barts with an East pre get there better, IMV.

I'd give them a call ( Kent Armstrong ) on their 01233 number and talk it through with Aaron...

[quote name='JTUK' post='689469' date='Dec 20 2009, 02:44 AM']hmm not sure. I use them with an East pre and the sound is big and solid but I wouldn't say a vintage tone. It is a Jazz on steroids but I'd prefer a bit more character and less grunt.
My Barts with an East pre get there better, IMV.

I'd give them a call ( Kent Armstrong ) on their 01233 number and talk it through with Aaron...[/quote]
thanks for the replys.After hearing how well my bass sounded last night at a gig im not sure if i need to change them now :)