Why become a member? ×

Beginner in north-east England

Cyrene

Hiya.
Been lurking here for a few weeks now and today took receipt of a new Highway One today and amp and am ready to take up this new challenge.
My main interests are rock from Pumpkins, Sab, Zep, Cream, Beta Band, Radiohead thro' to the more lo-fi end of the genre. I also wouldn't mind playing some blues lines and having played jazz on sax for a few years, would like to get my fingers into some jazz licks.
If anyone can suggest any advice whatsoever, a place to practice where newcomers are made to feel welcome, or a even a sparring partner who doesn't mind mentoring a newcomer, I'd be eternally appreciative.

I'm around the Middlesbrough area.

Cheers all!

Hi and welcome to Basschat.
If you've been hangin' here for a few weeks, you'll have seen there's a very eclectic mix of players, styles and all things bass -- and beyond -- on here.
I'm sure there will be plenty who can advise and discuss whatever direction you choose, be it Rock, Blues, Jazz or whatever.
Keep your ears and mind open, enjoy your bass and welcome to Basschat! :)

Welcome too. It might be an idea to check out the local open mic scene. You can always go down as a spectator initially and see what it's like before you go down with your bass. The other option is to be put cards in the local shops and see who is out there in your area. Best of luck with it.