Why become a member? ×

Fender Squier Telebass Heavily Modified Body SOLD

Smash

Here I have a Squier Telebass and it has had quite a bit done to it, as you can see, an extra pickup was installed by the previous owner a Duncan Seymour Basslines Humbucker but I couldn't tell you which version it is and I have swapped out the original squier mudbucker for a DiMarzio Model 1 Neck Humbucker. Also it has been fitted with a Badass III bridge which allows string through body and has some different tuners to the original versions but again they seem unbranded. Also someone has filed off the Squier logo, I have no idea why but as you see it is not there.

When using the pickups I am sure they have been wired out of phase (if that's the right terminology) as putting them both on full seems to get lower output, you have to nudge volume pot back a tad so that one pickup will dominate, have no idea about electronics so I can't help with questions re this. So if you fancy deep 60s bass then use the DiMarzio solo'd or if you fancy a Musicman style then opt for the Basslines pickup which has a bit more treble bite. The other control is a tone pot.

I will ship with the case you see in the picture and this is a heavy bass, it gives a very dark warm tone, would be useless for slappers but great for Motown 60's groove styles.

[color="#FF0000"]OK NECK IS NOW SOLD SO IT IS BODY ONLY - £115 posted gets you a lot of kit[/color]

Edited by Smash

[quote name='budget bassist' post='689134' date='Dec 19 2009, 03:34 PM']hi
not interested in the bass, but every bass i've ever played has had a lower output when on both pickups, something to do with the wiring, someone explained it once but i forgot...[/quote]

My Warwick Fortress also does this, although my Corvette has an even output no matter what position the blend knob is in. Strange as they're both MEC equipped basses, one a J/J and the other a P/J

Anyways, nice bass!

[quote name='spaz91' post='691624' date='Dec 22 2009, 04:25 PM']I have a Kaoss Pad 2, a Weeping Demon Wah and a Boss OD2.[/quote]
Thanks for the offer but not really after any of them.

I may even split this is up as people tell me it would be worth more.

[quote name='Smash' post='691632' date='Dec 22 2009, 04:31 PM']Thanks for the offer but not really after any of them.

I may even split this is up as people tell me it would be worth more.[/quote]

It's always tempting to think so, but it assumes that people will want all the bits, which with a Tele body, Tele PUP etc, might not be the case (took me several months to sell my old Tele PUP). I always wanted to put a PUP at the bridge of my old Tele and kinda wish I did, so I'm guessing your bass probably sounds nice? If you want a good return on your investment, perhaps ebay it after Xmas, I'm sure you'll get some interest

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='692331' date='Dec 23 2009, 01:47 PM']It's always tempting to think so, but it assumes that people will want all the bits, which with a Tele body, Tele PUP etc, might not be the case (took me several months to sell my old Tele PUP). I always wanted to put a PUP at the bridge of my old Tele and kinda wish I did, so I'm guessing your bass probably sounds nice? If you want a good return on your investment, perhaps ebay it after Xmas, I'm sure you'll get some interest

Chris[/quote]

Thanks Chris, it seems a shame to split it up and your right I reckon a couple of bits would go for very little. I just get a bit angry with myself for modding a bass which in parts cost me quite a bit of cash which I know I would not see anything near (or anything close to). Come to think of it Chris I think I was originally going to buy your PUP but it sold or something then I spent £85 on the Dimarzio :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='aznbass' post='707891' date='Jan 10 2010, 05:25 PM']Wouldnt want a PX for a 08 american jazz bass? charcoal frost with maple neck?[/quote]
Would love that but I guess the cash adjustment for me could be too much

[quote name='andy67' post='708656' date='Jan 11 2010, 11:18 AM']let me know if you decide to split would still like the neck.

andy[/quote]
Now going to find out Andy...

Does anybody fancy the loaded body for say £115 posted if I split? or trade a pedal and cash if your hard up, or a decent pedal or a couple of pedals or a few pedals or just try me...