Why become a member? ×

Glasgow-based BC'ers ...

noelk27

Have to get the mini-toggle switch on a series one TRB5P, which has sheered at the base, repaired/replaced. Hopefully this won't involve replacing the pre-amp!

Current thinking is either Jimmy Egypt at CC Music or the lassies at Strung Out, as opposed to Jimmy Moon or Southside Music. Any Weegies or Central Belt-ers got any thoughts about these repairers? Cheers!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='680559' date='Dec 10 2009, 07:30 PM']am sure using the term weedgie will get the replies pouring in

where is strung out????????

the guy down in southside music is the the one in govanhill?,,,,,,I didnt realise he did repairs, also does that chap ever do any business?[/quote]

I'd go for CC Music, always had good service and setups there.

Jimmy Egypt has always had a good name as do the girls at Strung Out. They looked at my mate`s Les Paul for nothing, told him what it needed done and quoted him a good price. Steve, strung out guitars are in the Saltmarket/Paddys Market/Trongate side of town. Here is a link: [url="http://www.strungoutguitars.com/"]http://www.strungoutguitars.com/[/url]

From a nearly Weegie.

Jez

Personally I wouldn't go near Strung Out. They did a so-called setup on my son's jazz. It was awful and they managed to score the wood where the truss rod key goes in. Jimmy Egypt's shop is also pretty expensive as is Jimmy Moon. I have to say however that Jimmy Moon is a great guy and does fantastic work. I wouldn't grudge the money for Jimmy Moon to work on my bass.

However, I would contact our fellow BC'er 7string (Mark). Mark dwells in Glasgow, does great setups, and can tackle most jobs. Why not drop him a PM.