Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic

Musicman20

Now I know the amps get a lot of praise, yet i've noticed now even their cabinets are getting praise on Talkbass.....even by owners with Berg gear.

Has anyone tested them out?

I like how they are designed....the fact they are tall and slim seems great to me.

The price? Pretty good IMO....£374 for an RS210.

I know they won't be to everyones liking....but lets face it....what is?!

They will have new 'covering' soon as well....Ive seen the RS410 with the new finish and its much better. Ive enquired about the 210/212 finish and its coming soon.

Quite tempted to have a jig about and sell some cabs then pic these up.

Anyone want to chime in?

I had an RS210 up till recently and really liked the sound of it with my RH450. Very clear and punchy springs to mind.
When I bought the RH450 I checked it out at the Bonners store with the 210+212 and was very impressed. Cabs are a perfect match for the amp I think, and so they should be.
The only reason I sold mine one was due to it not getting any significant use. The 210 in many cases was not capable of delivering enough volumn for me (although can hold its own against most 2x10s). I play in a 9 piece, drums one side, electric guitar the other. 3 singers, brass and keys coming through the front monitors. Very easy for a 2x10 to get lost with all that coming at you, even for just backline.
If I had owned the 2x12 then I guess I would be happy with that as I mostly use my Tecamp S212 at this time.
I'm currently in bass aquasition mode so may look into an RS212 springtime next year and see how that compares to the Tecamp. If it works out then another RS210 later to add for the bigger gigs.
One highlight worth mentioning is the RS cabs HF driver. Very subtle but effective. Not at all harsh.

[quote name='whynot' post='680746' date='Dec 10 2009, 10:34 PM']I had an RS210 up till recently and really liked the sound of it with my RH450. Very clear and punchy springs to mind.
When I bought the RH450 I checked it out at the Bonners store with the 210+212 and was very impressed. Cabs are a perfect match for the amp I think, and so they should be.
The only reason I sold mine one was due to it not getting any significant use. The 210 in many cases was not capable of delivering enough volumn for me (although can hold its own against most 2x10s). I play in a 9 piece, drums one side, electric guitar the other. 3 singers, brass and keys coming through the front monitors. Very easy for a 2x10 to get lost with all that coming at you, even for just backline.
If I had owned the 2x12 then I guess I would be happy with that as I mostly use my Tecamp S212 at this time.
I'm currently in bass aquasition mode so may look into an RS212 springtime next year and see how that compares to the Tecamp. If it works out then another RS210 later to add for the bigger gigs.
One highlight worth mentioning is the RS cabs HF driver. Very subtle but effective. Not at all harsh.[/quote]

Cheers for the information.

I think punchy would be great, and I think they are a very quirky yet good idea.

I think an RS210 + 212 would be a monster of a rig.

I've got the 210 and 212 and I love them I think the way they are stacked makes a hell of a lot of difference to the sound and especially your sound monitoring requirement I normally have my Rebelhead set at 10am and its plenty for a loudish band, I would imagine 2 x 210 would be best for most people and they have a very small stage footprint stacked, but for me who rehearse's in a large factory I needed the added humph of the 212 just for a bit of low end kick. I don't mind the paint finish either its the same colour as HK use on there PA cabs so is easy to touch up if they every get damaged ( I use the padded cover that TC produce and they work out at £19 each, Bargain compared to others)

The Hf driver in the top cone sounds great too very smooth sounding and not harsh at all and yes They do look different but anything new takes a bit of getting use to but I think for a new product they have hit the nail on the head.

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='681243' date='Dec 11 2009, 12:51 PM']I use the padded cover that TC produce and they work out at £19 each, Bargain compared to others[/quote]
TC, like many companies could have so easily taken the P*** with the cost of accessories.
Ok, the amps and footpedal are not cheap. Cabs are reasonably priced within the market (and sound better than many IMO). You can cover a complete TC rig for £60 with TC covers.

The RS410 cab has my perfect tone - too heavy for me but seriously big, deep and punchy! Played it twice now and it is a great cab.

I tried the 212 but the finish was like sandpaper! I was scared of putting anything near it. They are getting a new finish now, like the 410, so that would make a difference to me.

Sounded fine but nothing like the 410, also a bit heavy and bulky for me (wimp I know!)

The heads are right up my street tone wise and if I didn't have a nice Tecamp head I would seriously be looking at the Staccato.

I've received my RS210 and Bonners have sent me a Peavy Pro500 as a temp amp for my gigs whilst we wait for TC to ship my RH450.

This gave me a great chance to try the TC in comparison with my Hartke 1x15 and 4x10 that's being sold today.

I for one love the look of the RS210 - yeah the finish is odd and the Peavy flightcase did leave some marks which just brushed off.

I have got the cab cover and the carry bag for the pedal and amp (when it arrives).

I love the sound of the RS210's punch and clarity and with the HF dial I'm sure that when the RH450 arrives I'll be sounding like I've wanted to for quite a while :)

The RS210 does loose some bottom compared with the 4x10 and 1x15 (no $h!t Sherlock) but I tend to have a more low mid than purely low sound anyhow and I'm sure once my bank account is happy enough for me to get the RS212 I'll have pretty much a perfect rig with a small footprint.

I've more bass is required the PA will sort that out I'm sure.

[quote name='JayGarrett' post='683213' date='Dec 13 2009, 06:50 PM']I've received my RS210 and Bonners have sent me a Peavy Pro500 as a temp amp for my gigs whilst we wait for TC to ship my RH450.

This gave me a great chance to try the TC in comparison with my Hartke 1x15 and 4x10 that's being sold today.

I for one love the look of the RS210 - yeah the finish is odd and the Peavy flightcase did leave some marks which just brushed off.

I have got the cab cover and the carry bag for the pedal and amp (when it arrives).

I love the sound of the RS210's punch and clarity and with the HF dial I'm sure that when the RH450 arrives I'll be sounding like I've wanted to for quite a while :)

The RS210 does loose some bottom compared with the 4x10 and 1x15 (no $h!t Sherlock) but I tend to have a more low mid than purely low sound anyhow and I'm sure once my bank account is happy enough for me to get the RS212 I'll have pretty much a perfect rig with a small footprint.

I've more bass is required the PA will sort that out I'm sure.[/quote]

Sounds excellent!

Let us know how it all goes!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='683433' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:36 PM']Sounds excellent!

Let us know how it all goes![/quote]

Heya!

I've only had a quick play around to make sure all's working as it should and I'm a very happy bunny.

I'm just restringing my main gig bass and then will start playing with the multitude of settings to get my perfect sound.

The Tube Tone is really nice to use and all-in-all the fact that I can put the RS210 on the little luggage trolley and slip the amp and pedal in the carry bag I think this may prove to be one of my best buys for a long time :)

[attachment=38482:New_rig_...t_to_old.jpg]

[quote name='JayGarrett' post='687661' date='Dec 17 2009, 07:41 PM']Heya!

I've only had a quick play around to make sure all's working as it should and I'm a very happy bunny.

I'm just restringing my main gig bass and then will start playing with the multitude of settings to get my perfect sound.

The Tube Tone is really nice to use and all-in-all the fact that I can put the RS210 on the little luggage trolley and slip the amp and pedal in the carry bag I think this may prove to be one of my best buys for a long time :)

[attachment=38482:New_rig_...t_to_old.jpg][/quote]

What's the cab like?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='688805' date='Dec 18 2009, 11:40 PM']What's the cab like?[/quote]

It's easy to move around for a start.

Sound-wise it's really nice but I need to get the thing cranked up and worn in I think.

It copes with my 5 string well and is able to get nice and round as well as tight n twangy for da funk.

I can get quite close to Billy Sheehan tones with my Attitude (unfortunately not skill-wise) which makes me smile and realise what the SVT converts were saying are close to being true.

I haven't got a rehearsal til the new year and then pretty much get straight into gigging (8th Jan at The Lexington in London) - so I'll update when I've had it out and about.

But now I've had a play with the settings it just gets better and bettererererer! :)

I am a very happy Jay!