Why become a member? ×

bigsmokebass

[color="#FFFF00"][size=1](First of all I shall update this thread with pictures when I get the chance, please be patient)[/size][/color]
[font="Verdana"]
Basically I'm looking to sell my Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray5 5 string (inc straplocks and hardcase), just due to the fact i prefer a passive bass guitar.
I've never really used the 3band EQ and it seems such a waste me keeping it and not use it to its full potential.

Now, this bass is used but good condition: not saying 'new' but it's not far off, condition wise. It does have a few minor scratches, like any bass and a few dings but no belt rash as you can see in the pictures.

I am asking of a price of £975 [color="#FF00FF"]*[/color] just for the fact it's one of the best "mass produced" 5 string basses you can get and I payed just abit more than this just over a year ago, so im not letting it get away easily.[/font]

Specs:

[b]Size:[/b]
13-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
[b]Weight:[/b]
10 lbs (4.54 kg) - varies slightly
[b]Body Wood:[/b]
Ash
[b]Body Finish:[/b]
High gloss polyester
[b]Bridge:[/b]
Standard - Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles;
[b]Pickguard:[/b]
Standard - Black.
[b]Scale Length:[/b]
34" (86.4 cm)
[b]Neck Radius:[/b]
11" (27.9 cm)
[b]Headstock Size:[/b]
Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
[b]Frets:[/b]
22 - High profile, wide
[b]Neck Width:[/b]
1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4"" (69.9 mm) at last fret
[b]Neck Wood:[/b]
Select maple neck
[b]Fingerboard:[/b]
Fretted - rosewood;
[b]Neck Finish:[/b]
Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
[b]Neck Colors:[/b]Standard - Natural
[b]Tuning Machines:[/b]
Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
[b]Truss Rod:[/b]
Adjustable - no component or string removal
[b]Neck Attachment:[/b]
6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
[b]Electronic Shielding:[/b]
Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
[b]Controls:
Single Pickup[/b], 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass; Dual Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass;
[b]Switching:
Single Pickup[/b] - 3-way lever pickup selector
[b]Strings:[/b]
45-130 (Rotosound ATM)
[b]Body Color[/b]
71-vintagesunburst
[b]Pick Guard[/b]
01-black
[font="Verdana"]
Any questions? [email protected] or message me via my account.
Please feel free to ask me, I don't bite, I'm very polite and at the end of the day we'll be helping each other out. :)

[size=1][color="#FF00FF"]*[/color]I have noticed in the back of BGM (UK) there are people selling 4 string versions around the same price, so don't message me to haggle for alot less or complain I'm not being fair.
[color="#FF00FF"]**[/color]I'll try to get FREE P&P aslong as posting within UK mainland and i won't post outside UK
[color="#FF00FF"]***[/color]PAYPAL accepted though i can take cash on collection also.[/size]

Edited by bigsmokebass

about postage?
as long as you pay the price i';m asking i will guarentee free P&P

uploading pictures in a minutes time :)
Thank you all for messaging me and being patient.

[attachment=38256:_1012621.JPG]
[attachment=38258:_1012622.JPG]
[attachment=38260:_1012623.JPG]
[attachment=38261:_1012624.JPG]
[attachment=38262:_1012625.JPG] [i]Sorry, the straplocks I'm included are just condensated from me holding them, they are new'ish and pretty clean.[/i]

*I have noticed in the back of BGM (UK) there are people selling 4 string versions around the same price, so don't message me to haggle for alot less or complain I'm not being fair.
**Not inc P&P, prefer cash on collection but i may do it free if payed by Paypal and sold for reasonable price- all to be discussed.

But have you checked prices on this very website?

Yes but im not looking for a [i]"quick sale"[/i] as such. The 'Sterling' Ray35 by Musicman ([b]£749[/b]) is same price or more as most same basses selling on here and of which, alot better than that pile of indonesian crap.

I know times are changing, guitars age and people are looking for a good deal too but this is a bass that retails for about [b]£1.5k[/b] new and i don't think selling it for £600-£700 does this bass any justice, especially for a 5 string.

Im sure you and many others who have read this thread will understand what my point is.
Cheers for the comment anyway :)

Edited by bigsmokebass

[quote name='bigsmokebass' post='683822' date='Dec 14 2009, 11:48 AM']I know times are changing, guitars age and people are looking for a good deal too but this is a bass that retails for about [b]£1.5k[/b] new and i don't think selling it for £600-£700 does this bass any justice, especially for a 5 string.[/quote]
To be fair... you are quoting 'TOP END' retail and they NEVER go for that price new in this country.
I don't want to derail your thread and whatever price you set, it's your perogative (Bobby Brown fans, sit the f##k down!!). Just having a look through the previous SR5's for sale on here may be good advice.

Good luck anyway.

[quote name='tombboy' post='686668' date='Dec 16 2009, 06:55 PM']To be fair... you are quoting 'TOP END' retail and they NEVER go for that price new in this country.
I don't want to derail your thread and whatever price you set, it's your perogative (Bobby Brown fans, sit the f##k down!!). Just having a look through the previous SR5's for sale on here may be good advice.

Good luck anyway.[/quote]

No, totally fine and i respect yours and everyone else's opinion. :)

I know i quote new basses ("TOP END"?.... theyre still a standard S5 at the end of the day) but i just used the RRP to state that this bass [b]is not[/b] one that sells for £900 new and £650 SH, if you get my jist?

I just think people have grown so accustomed to the 'Ebay' way of selling that even on here things have to be cheap to sell... it is seriously sad and needs to be rejustified before any bass, not just mine, is selling for £300 or any stupid price.

I.M.O you should see the bass for what it is and not the price tag, thinking only of what it cost would only take the pleasure of playing it away. Wheres the fun in that guys and gals?

I honestly think £900 is a bargain for this bass and everything included and i'm not trying to hide anything by selling it for less.

Merry Christmas people!

i wish you the best of luck with the sale, but it's not all that simple, agree, they're nice basses, but prices go up and down, and right now EBMM's aren't selling too well second hand, you might sell yours at that price, i won't dispute that, as it's still less than a new one, but with people able to get the same thing maybe hundred or two cheaper, people are going to look elsewhere. At the end of the day, it's what people are willing to pay, and with the prices of others going around, personally, i wouldn't pay that. good luck selling though, it's a nice bass, you might get a better deal on a trade though.

PS. If you feel i'm out of line here, drop me a PM and i'll delete my post.

Welcome to the forum by the way, hope you stick around!

I think cost is very different to worth. Whatever it cost you is a value you were happy to pay, what it's worth is a matter of opinion.

It's a nice bass and the Stingray looks great in that finish. If you want one like that it's cheaper than a new one. Everyones happy. If it doesn't seem 'worth' the asking price to you... Leave the poor chap to sell his Stingray to people who do want it :-)

I'd be happy paying the asking price for that bass, even if it is top whack. I don't know what it is with Stingrays, the prices seem to go up and down like Jordan's knickers. When I was selling my 4 stringers I couldn't give them away, I ended up selling one for not much more than £600, which was below value in my opinion.

A bass is only worth what someone will pay at the end of the day, and me, I'd pay the asking price for this one if I had the cash.

[quote name='Rayman' post='687019' date='Dec 17 2009, 09:00 AM']I'd be happy paying the asking price for that bass, even if it is top whack. I don't know what it is with Stingrays, the prices seem to go up and down like Jordan's knickers. When I was selling my 4 stringers I couldn't give them away, I ended up selling one for not much more than £600, which was below value in my opinion.

A bass is only worth what someone will pay at the end of the day, and me, I'd pay the asking price for this one if I had the cash.[/quote]

I know what you mean. I got both of mine in the middle ground - £750 for the piezo 4-stringer & £800 for the 5-stringer. But the same as you, I've seen some go for silly prices as low as £500 in recent times.

To be fair, i have had a few fenders, squiers, ibanez's and others in the past and had sold them for buttons, pretty much leaving me with not alot to do with*... so im just trying to play it fair with this bass that someone gets a good deal (or atleast IMO) and that i can get another bass after its sold.
Like, do you know any NEW & GOOD 5 string basses, better than the MM S5 for £600? seriously now?

*With no offence but if you haven't experienced it, DO NOT COMMENT!!! You won't understand what it's like losing alot of money :rolleyes:

Thanks to Rayman and OutToPlayJazz for putting some light on this thread, not that i dont like opinions, nice to see what you think but atleast someone see's sence in what i'm doing. :lol: :lol:
Thanks to Budget Bassist for welcoming me here, i wouldnt want to be anywhere else :)

[b][size=5]OK[/size][/b] feeling abit happier after the last posts, almost finished my ECDL course (WOOT!), got a good weekend ahead and christmas is almost a week away :rolleyes:

[b]£850[/b] if collected! no less and thats going against my stubborn self.
anyone complains then you deserve to be shot :lol:
£125 less than i first put and im based in wirral/liverpool, north west or at wellington, telford west midlands so im not far away from most of you!

Merry Christmas y'all miserable buggers :lol: :)

Bass looks lovely mate! I can attest to the value of the Stingray...I've currently got a fretted 4 and a fretless 4, and had a 5er until recently, I got all of them for sub-£800, and I'm really not quite sure how I managed it :) Right place at the right time I guess. They are fantastic basses though, and if I had the cash I'd probably pay your asking price for it! :rolleyes:

As others have said, welcome to BC, we hope you stick around! (But your wallet will regret it :lol:)

Edited by Higgie

• 1 month later...