Why become a member? ×

Refinish

dangerboy

I just took delivery of a guitar that a previous owner had taken a paintbrush to in the most horrific way imaginable. Just look:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270489483500"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270489483500[/url]

The acrylic has come off with a bit of my favourite paint stripper, but now I need the body re-finished in a lovely glossy black or white (I haven't decided which yet). I don't have the patience to do it myself! The body will be stripped right back to the wood and sanded before it goes off for spraying.

So I'm looking for recommendations for someone to respray it. Websites seem to massively vary in cost.

Does anyone know someone who does good work for an OK price?

Car sprayers always come up in threads like this, but unless you know someone who does quality work and will take on none-guitar projects, it's just as difficult to get a recommendation as it is to find a good dedicated guitar refinisher in your area.

BTW. That Travis Bean is going to look absolutely fantastic when it's finished. Have you found a source for the missing parts?

[quote name='BigRedX' post='677254' date='Dec 7 2009, 09:45 PM']BTW. That Travis Bean is going to look absolutely fantastic when it's finished. Have you found a source for the missing parts?[/quote]

I'm hoping that Electrical will make them for me - they've certainly done them in the past for people. Just a nut and a pickguard required!