Why become a member? ×

Interesting...........

Beedster

So, this guy has bought a brand new Gibson and , before even taking out of the cardboard box, he wants to sell it?

Mmmmmmmmm.............

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Gibson-USA-Thunderbird-Studio-Cherry-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ230181475104QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Gibson-USA-Thund...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

And there it is, bold as brass...

"NO SCAMMERS I WON'T ACCEPT CHEQUES AND I IT IS CASH ON DELIVERY OR PAYPAL TO A REGISTERED ADDRESS I WORK FOR A COURIER COMPANY AND KNOW ABOUT SECURITY"

Yes, I suspect he does indeed know about security. At least I know where he got the bass now :)

Anyone out there order a Thunderbird recently?

Chris

[quote name='Machines' post='74214' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:50 PM']I'll go with Beedster, I reckon he's dodgy :huh:.[/quote]

A nice big box with 'Gibson' written on it arrives at the depot, sits there for a couple of weeks and isn't collected (probably 'cos C&E didn't get the paperwork right).......
Whenever a seller makes a big thing in his listing about how honest he is, I start to wonder..... :)
Cynical aren't I? Spend an hour or so on ebay and so would you be!
Chris

I bought an Engl valve amp from a dude in London once who said he worked for a courier, it arrived with no box, and just a tiny piece of bubble wrap around it, as you would assume, most the valves were smashed to pieces! And the dude eventually got kicked off ebay, as apparantly he sold quite a few things that ended up getting smashed to pieces, including a £2k guitar! Wouldn't surprise me if this was him under a different name.