Why become a member? ×

Hmm.. ANOTHER Fender P!! Whaddya think?

Marky L

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300371269681&_trksid=p2761.l1259"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2761.l1259[/url]

Not much info, crappy pics.. has to be too good to be true?!?! What do you think?

I have a hankering for an early - late 70's P in B/B/M.

I have asked for the seller to email me more pics, so we'll see what arrives.

This looks about right...S7 '77, Logo looks bob on. Patina/tint of neck seems good.
Hard to tell if the bass has been monkied with, seeing how the photos are sooo sh*te.
I think £1200 would be my stopping point on this, buy it now £2000? To words, off and F*ck.

If he expects £2k, he better buy a new camera first.

It seems he's a player rather than a gear head, so fair play for the lack of spec, the two guitarists in my band don't know what a truss rod is.

Trav

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='670062' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:11 PM']This looks about right...S7 '77, Logo looks bob on. Patina/tint of neck seems good.
Hard to tell if the bass has been monkied with, seeing how the photos are sooo sh*te.
I think £1200 would be my stopping point on this, buy it now £2000? To words, off and F*ck.

If he expects £2k, he better buy a new camera first.

Trav[/quote]

Agreed - looks OK from the very poor photos, but £2k for a late 70s P is too much.

Here's a couple of pics he's emailed me. Not much better!

[attachment=37438:74_p_hstock.jpg]

[attachment=37437:74_p_body.jpg]

The shot of the body looks like the jack end of the scratchplate has been broken at some point and if this is a '74 wouldn't there be a screw in the middle of the scratchplate too?

As is, the serial number - s746580 - is a 77 or 78, so he's got the year somewhat wrong. I did ask some other questions about originality, if he has pics of the neck pocket and the neck stamp but nothing on those.

Not feeling overly comfortable about this seeing as I'm not going to get a chance to see it first.