Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Mini 1x15s

NickSpector

[quote name='Sibob' post='668163' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:57 AM']The only gripe I have with the 4x8 really is the fact that mine isn't one of the newer neo ones, and so it's a lot heavier than it looks like it shoud be lol

Si[/quote]
C'mon Si you can always use them for weight lifting !...neo schmeo...lol

[quote name='Sibob' post='668163' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:57 AM']The only gripe I have with the 4x8 really is the fact that mine isn't one of the newer neo ones, and so it's a lot heavier than it looks like it shoud be lol

Si[/quote]

Thats one of the resons that puts me off taking mine out sometimes

• 1 year later...

With two mini48 cabs and two mini 15's my suggestion would be two simple heads. I use a Markbass F500 with my Ashdown mini48 & a vintage and ultra rare GK115LB cab. However, as correctly explained earlier you'd be down to 2 ohms, so, send a more 'trebly' sound thru one head (amp) to the pair of mini48's, then line out to another head - eg F500 and feed that output to the mini15's (best sited on bottom). Thereby you can tweak tone for 15's making them bass heavier. It is almost a biamp set-up of sorts! And akin, to Alembic F-1X or Alembic Series Bass stereo output... Perhaps it should be asked: do you need 4 cabs?, albeit ultra compact! Alternative definitely worth very serious consideration: MarkBass NY604 - astonishing capability way beyond the laws of physicals and expectations esp evident with a throbbing, fat jazz bass sound!!