Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* F-Bass BN5 blonde with enhanced grain finish *SOLD*

Gwilym

So I'm thinking of moving this on - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31239"]there are some pics here[/url]

Bought new (ex-demo) by me from the Gallery in October 2008. Condition I would say is 9.5/10 - and you won't see anything wrong with it unless you look really closely. What there is wrong with it was from being shop soiled, cos it's still like the day I bought it.

It really is a lovely, lovely bass to play, and I can't get a bad tone out of it. It records beautifully, really warm tone, but live I prefer the slightly more aggressive edge from the other bass that I've been using, which is more suited to the music I play, so this mainly sits in its case.
Aesthetically, and in comparison to the many I've seen on the web, I think it's a particularly nice example of the F-Bass enhanced grain finish too.

So why do I want to sell it, I hear you ask? Well, I have really bad GAS for another MTD, and so something has got to give other than my credit card, and as this was the last (non-MTD) through the door, it will be the first out.

So down to the business end of the deal - I'm looking for £1500 for this. It comes in a branded Levys/FBass padded gig bag, which is also 9.5/10 condition wise.

No shipping, but I'll be as flexible as possible regarding anything else - not so flexible on price though :)

Based in West London.

thanks!
G

Edited by Gwilym

This is one sick bass - it just kills - tone and playability are second to none IMO - my one personal reservation is I don't like the finish, there's nothing wrong with it though, but it's pure F bass quality and I would dearly love to own it - just can't possibly afford or justify it - but any one thinking of getting a great high end 5er should check this out - perfect for jazz and funk styles too - and Gwilym is a top geezer as well :)

M

• 1 month later...

That is one lovely looking bass. Very sorely tempted as I'm on the lookout for a high end five string but I really think I need to look at getting rid of some other basses before buying any more. So I very much hope this is sold soon as it's so damn tempting :)

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='purpleblob' post='723512' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:38 PM']That is one lovely looking bass. Very sorely tempted as I'm on the lookout for a high end five string but I really think I need to look at getting rid of some other basses before buying any more. So I very much hope this is sold soon as it's so damn tempting :)

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

come check it out, I'm not far from you :rolleyes:

[quote name='Gwilym' post='729669' date='Jan 30 2010, 01:59 PM']come check it out, I'm not far from you :lol:[/quote]

Very tempting :rolleyes:

But I must try and get rid of some stuff before I buy anything else and wouldn't wish to waste your time until I can clear something out.

I've one instrument I was going to get rid of. So I gave it a clean and plugged it in to make sure it worked and it sounded great. Now not sure I can get rid of it :)

I don't know how you guys can get rid of instruments, I find it so difficult letting go, sad I know :lol:

[quote name='purpleblob' post='729985' date='Jan 30 2010, 06:43 PM']Very tempting :rolleyes:

But I must try and get rid of some stuff before I buy anything else and wouldn't wish to waste your time until I can clear something out.

I've one instrument I was going to get rid of. So I gave it a clean and plugged it in to make sure it worked and it sounded great. Now not sure I can get rid of it :)

I don't know how you guys can get rid of instruments, I find it so difficult letting go, sad I know :lol:[/quote]

I know what you mean - it's a wrench. I'm still playing this bass at home, and it does really sing, but no more options. May have to consider some other avenues :lol:

anyway, here's another bump, and let's open this to some trades...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Gwilym' post='735440' date='Feb 4 2010, 08:43 PM']potential trades (+/- cash) for

MTD 535 or 635

NYC Sadowsky, Standard 5 string

Ken Smith 5/6 string

NS EUB - 5 string

or maybe cash + other bass(es) as long as it'll be easy to sell on etc...[/quote]

Hello, is this bass still on hold ?

thanks