Why become a member? ×

The Gallery

noelk27

[quote name='7string' post='661426' date='Nov 21 2009, 11:22 PM']I like the mystery over which bass it is.....[/quote]

Hahaha, "Cross-Border Man Of Mystery". Something I'm most certainly not. To be honest, I thought the additional detail was simply unnecessary, in the event a fellow basschatter was going to be at the store. But, I'm happy to elaborate ...

For years I've been on the lookout for a G&L El Toro fretless. (I have two El Toro bases, and love the mid-range punch of the "mini humbucker" pickups.) However, I've come to the conclusion that no such beast can exist, or, if it does, in such small quantities that I'll never get my hands on one. So, when seeing that The Gallery has a G&L Interceptor in stock at the moment, a bass design only an 80s hair metal bassist could love, and even taking into account that the Interceptor is an even more rare bass model than the El Toro (the two models share the same pickups and circuits), that I could look at acquiring the Interceptor as a project bass (one to have defretted and epoxied, or have its touchboard replaced with a slice of ebony).

That's all ...

Edited by noelk27