Why become a member? ×

marshall 4x15 (yes, 15") cab?

ase_one23

You can also see in the second last pic that on the back of the speaker is G 15 :)
Seems like a real 4x15, though an incredibly underpowered one.
Probably more of a low-end guitar cab (Doyle, the guitarist from the Misfits had something similar in the early daysif I remember correctly)
Don´t think this would really stand up to the Lemmy cab at all. prob would be a wee bit flappy (not in the good way!)

Edited by basshead56

Marshall made the 4x15 in the late 60's. It was made for bass and like all cabs at the time; it was underpowered, had a muddy tone and was very heavy.

This is Duck Dunn standing in front of a 4x12 and a 4x15. Both are being run from a 100 watt amp and stage volume would have been low.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='chris_b' post='662234' date='Nov 22 2009, 11:04 PM']Marshall made the 4x15 in the late 60's. It was made for bass and like all cabs at the time; it was underpowered, had a muddy tone and was very heavy.

This is Duck Dunn standing in front of a 4x12 and a 4x15. Both are being run from a 100 watt amp and stage volume would have been low.

[/quote]

cool, i dont know how many times i've watched that clip before and never clocked that!