Why become a member? ×

Tonight - ITV1 - 8:00pm

obbm

ITV are showing An Audience with Donny and Marie (Osmond) tonight at 8:00pm. Recorded recently in London it features no other than my good friend, and tutor to many, Paul Geary on bass duties. From the short trailer I saw the band are on stage rather than hidden away in another studio. He recently became on Overwater endorsee so it'll be interesting to see of he uses his new toy or his faithful old Stingray 5.

Paul was the founder Head of Bass at ACM in Guildford but the draw of live performance was too much. In recent years Paul's provided the low end for Nik Kershaw, George Michael and also a tour with Simply Red. I believe he still tutors the performance workshops at ACMas well as giving private lessons.

Had read in BGM that he was gonna be playing with D & M, thought he played some good stuff considering the material, always liked "Crazy Horses" but the guitar player ruined that for me! Yuk, horrible almost clean tone when playing a rock number...tsk tsk...

Edited by Bassmurf

[quote name='obbm' post='651859' date='Nov 11 2009, 06:42 PM']ITV are showing An Audience with Donny and Marie (Osmond) tonight at 8:00pm. Recorded recently in London it features no other than my good friend, and tutor to many, Paul Geary on bass duties.[/quote]

Seems a bit unfair to point this out. We've all done things we're not proud of for the money.

Excellent! I had a few lessons with Paul back around 1990 in his Bradford days. Also bought my first bit of Trace gear - GP12X preamp - from him.
Anyone have a contact for him?
11.05 for the brief featurette of the bass. He's on the Overwater, then!

Edit for spelling of Bradford(!) Cheers for the contact 0bbm.

Edited by hubrad