Why become a member? ×

Hate mail!!!

3V17C

I must confess I have a sort of empathic understanding for the guy who wrote the hate mail. Wait wait - hear me out. I would never have written such a vile piece and I never heckle fellow musicians no matter what. It's a matter of politeness and respect., No what I mean is if you're a music lover and you hear certain types of music which you detest it's like toothache and feels almost like a personal insult. there was some really dreadful jazz being played at a charity do we attended a couple of weeks back. I mean really unmusical noise which everyone else seemed to love. I actually felt like screaming it was so bad. I was filled with an unreasoning anger and had to get out, it totally spoilt my day. Now had I bumped into one of the musicians afterwards I would of course have smiled sweetly and said "Good gig, erm, daddio" or some such. As I say it's about politeness so whilst I can understand that if you love music to hear it being done in a way you can't stand is galling, but the last thing you do is take that irrational bile out on a fellow musician.
Oh and I quite fancy one of my cousins too.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='71028' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:23 PM']Sounds to me like your music had precisely the RIGHT effect, if he had to leave after 10mins and all the punters who were having fun stayed. What's to be bothered about? :) One less tosspot in the audience is a GOOD thing.[/quote]

+1 for that. If you don't like a band you do what my mate Paul did - stand at the front and shout "You're s*it".
Now, to put this in context, he had been, until 5 minutes earlier, the guitarist in said band. He had however got so pi**ed off with the singer during a gig that he left his axe - plus screaming feedback - against his amp, walked off stage, went to the bar, got a pint, walked back through the crowd to the front and hurled abuse at the singer. Not great team spirit I'll admit, but proper rock and roll!
Chris

[quote name='3V17C' post='71008' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:03 PM']I managed to put up with your onslaught for 10 minutes and then had to leave the building.[/quote]

he was there for just 10 minutes, yet he took the effort to remember the band's name, and later find their website and email them? this guy is a bit sad, isn't he?

[quote name='Beedster' post='71987' date='Oct 10 2007, 08:04 AM']+1 for that. If you don't like a band you do what my mate Paul did - stand at the front and shout "You're s*it".
Now, to put this in context, he had been, until 5 minutes earlier, the guitarist in said band. He had however got so pi**ed off with the singer during a gig that he left his axe - plus screaming feedback - against his amp, walked off stage, went to the bar, got a pint, walked back through the crowd to the front and hurled abuse at the singer. Not great team spirit I'll admit, but proper rock and roll!
Chris[/quote]

:)
there have been a few times i have felt like doing that, though i find trying to get feed back through my amp a little tricky