Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: DeArmond Starfire bass - £200 + postage

neepheid

Hi folks

I'm selling my DeArmond Starfire bass. It's a semi-hollow, 2 pickup bass, short scale, small tuners replaced with full size Schallers. 3 way switch, vol and tone for each pickup and an overall master volume.

A couple of cosmetic issues - a couple of dings near the bridge, the bridge pickup is a little worn looking (gold foil is worn away - by a previous over-enthusiastic plectrum user perhaps?). There was a crack in the neck where the fingerboard had come away from the back of the neck but I've fixed that (glue injected into the crack and clamped) and it's rock solid and smooth to the touch.

I'd like £200+postage for it please. It's got roundwounds on it just now but I'll throw in a set of flats as well if you want to go full-on old school. I don't have a gig bag which fits it but I do have one which [i]nearly[/i] fits bar about 4 inches which you can have. I have used the strap along the edge of the bass to protect the sticky out bit. With that in mind, have the strap too :)

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='649583' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:17 PM']At a recent gig the other bands bass player played one of these (with rounds on) through my Trace and it sounded huge.

Not remotely like the one dimensional thump I was expecting.[/quote]

Nice one, I always liked the tone with rounds, but I was told to get flats on it at the Moffat bassbash :)

Thread update: it looks like I am going to be able to replace the rather tatty bridge pickup with a more shiny one with gold foil intact.

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='649583' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:17 PM']At a recent gig the other bands bass player played one of these (with rounds on) through my Trace and it sounded huge.

Not remotely like the one dimensional thump I was expecting.[/quote]
This used to be mine (about two owners ago) and it did many gigs sounding very huge indeed.