Why become a member? ×

Show me your Aggie's

cLepto-bass

After much though I have finally decided to go for a coupls of Aguilar DB112's to accompany my Markbass LMII but now comes the crucial question, [size=4][b]what color?[/b][u][/u][/size]
Every color has its attractions and I am particularly fond of the 'white hot' but then again I really dont know :)

So if anyone has any pictures of there Aguilar rigs that I can have a gander at in order to make my mind up that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='649017' date='Nov 8 2009, 07:16 PM']Check my gear thread in my signature for Chocolate Thunder.[/quote]

Very nice indeed. How are the 212's with your Markbass head. I was going to go for individual 112's simply for transport reasons but curious to know how the 212's sound.

I've even found one 212 (8 ohm) with the LM3 is enough volume....adding the other gives you a total 4x12 beast of a stack....sounds huge, loads of clarity, plus the nice warmth 12s give you.

I'm going to get a Shuttle 9.0 soon to really cranked the single 212s when Im taking one cab to a gig....so thats putting more into it at 8ohms and making them much more of a one cab solution when space is tight.

The casters really sold it for me....they might weigh a fair bit, but with casters they weigh nothing :)

The reason I went for the big cabs was I had a good deal trading in my Ampeg 8x10...and I wanted the same kind of big rig, but in two smaller packages.

I highly recommend Aguilar cabs.

[quote name='RayFW' post='649050' date='Nov 8 2009, 07:50 PM']Here's a crappy pic of mine which shows off my beer gut better than the cabs:[/quote]

That is the color that is swaying me the most but I'm kind of worried about being able to keep them clean. Of course I would get myself some decent covers for them but you never know what might happen a gig. :)

Cheers the the pic's, any more for any more? :rolleyes:

I bought some Roqsolid covers for mine which do a good job of keeping them clean. However, I did need to add some feet on the side opposite the handle to stop that side getting scuffed and dirty when loading/unloading. Although a cheap and easy mod I really think Aguilar should put feet on two sides from the factory.

[quote name='RayFW' post='649065' date='Nov 8 2009, 08:05 PM']Although a cheap and easy mod I really think Aguilar should put feet on two sides from the factory.[/quote]

Yeah, I've heard that once or twice before so I might have to look into that when I decide on what color to have.