Why become a member? ×

New Track from Natalie Long

lukeward2004

Hi Guys,

Ive just got the mix back from the production company that Natalie has used for her second album - and im rather chuffed with it!

Have a listen, see what you think - it was recorded with my P bass through my Bass Pod XT.

[url="http://media.putfile.com/Natalie-Long---Way-Of-Life"]http://media.putfile.com/Natalie-Long---Way-Of-Life[/url]

Your comments & thoughts are appreciated!

Cheers

Luke

Sounds like an upright!!! Im expected some Matchbox/Stray Cats style slaps in there.

It settled in better in my opinion when you left the quarter notes pattern and doubled up to eighths with stops etc.

Shes got a great voice. Are the vocals doubled up or is there a backing vocalist.?

Catchy tune mate. Well done.

Edited by neilb

Hi Gilmour,

Neil Thom is a good mate of mine - he's playing full time for a covers band called "Jamie and the First Class", gigging every night and making a shedload out of it. He is the only guy ive ever known who could rock your socks off whilst totally p*ssed beyond belief!

Neil's brother Rob is one of my best mates - he was the singer for my last originals project and I will be playing for him with his next project, check it out - [url="http://www.myspace.com\anglefiction"]www.myspace.com\anglefiction[/url]

Rob Thom is now playing Guitar for Natalie and the drumer for Project 13, Lee Alloway, is on the skins as Glen Child moved to New Zealand a year ago.

Anyhow, thanks for the nice words - the original bassline was walking around the 3rd, 5th and octave notes in the chord, and wasnt just moving up the scale, it was inverted down on the 2nd and 3rd measure, but natalie preferred the simpler quarter note approach that went on the record.

Still, I like the groove, it moves along well and its a different approach considering Natalie's first album was more rocky. I prefer the new sound to be honest!

Small world - I went to music college with Jamie (he was a drummer back then), haven't seen him for years either!

I think you're right I much prefer the new sound of this to the more rocky stuff off of the last album (found some online), it's got a much more toe-tapping feel to it and really suits her voice.

Peace'n'Progress

Rob

Sounds good man,

Your engineer likes his delays eh :) There is something not right about mixes sonically but i cant put my finger on it - the toms certainly sound dead and to my ears the guitar at the start is a little too compressed. These are little things i am hearing on my Tannoy studio monitors.

Anyhoo, mixes aside the material and parts sound great and work really well. Great performances and a tight band. Lemme know when the CD is out

G

[quote name='lukeward2004' date='Oct 9 2007, 07:53 PM' post='71789']
Thanks guys, im in the studio with the full band for our first rehearsal on thursday night with this new material - im relaly looking forward to it!

I must say, ive heard some of natalie's other new ideas and they arent up to much - but Way of Life is really kicking anus!

MB1. :)

I didnt know Cheggers sister could sing!

Hey Luke,

At work at the mo so can't listen :huh: but will have a listen later!

You guys still on for the Clapham Grand on Nov 2nd with us??

Mert :huh:

EDIT: it might be the 16th actually, I've forgotten :)

2nd EDIT: damn singer got the date wrong, it's definitely the 16th!! Anyhoo, you guys still on for it?! :huh:

Edited by Merton