Why become a member? ×

Mule of Unity!

MythSte

So i drove (or was driven by mummy! she deserves the credit!) to Nottingham to meet Bob and pickup my summers worth of earnings!

First things first, anyone whos contemplating a bass from Bob, You can be sure he'll do everything you need and more. Been a totally wonderful chap to work with
, and although my visit was short, the kettle was on, and his cat was keeping my girlfriend company! (lets be honest, what kind of girl wants to sit watching whilst to blokes talk about what gauge strings they use...)

Also, There was a surprise on the bass when i got there, As many of you know the band (Myth of Unity) are doing pretty well at the moment, And he's named this bass "Mule of Unity" - brought a smile to my face!

Anyway, you've waited long enough, here are the pics (apolgies - im no photographer!)

So! how does she sound?!

Well, Luckily enough i was at the studio last night so i got chance to put her through my NC810. And boy does she sing! The humbucker, Originally out of a Modulous Flea bass sounds exactly how a big fat humbucker should, totally noiseless, Does that musicman punch very VERY well. The wenge neck really brings out the mids however, which i think evens it up across the scale compared to your standard MM. The J is so growly, very akin to a warwickin fact. again, very middy, but not at all harsh.

Interesting bits and bobs,
-Bridge. Ive never actually seena bridge like this before! Very interesting design indeed, i personally would have it just for the looks!
-Reverse "strat" style socket. This is actually to keep my lead out of the way (believe it or not) i can loop it through my strap and still have enough tension to stop it coming out, but not be worried about it getting in the way.
-Nut. Made of wenge! Personally i think it looks fantastic, And one would think it makes a fair contribution to the tone, However i am a touch skeptical weather it will stand the test of time.

Overall i couldnt be happier with this bass. Shes a beat to play, fast as you like.

Total props to Bob, and id be surprised if he couldnt double his prices judging by the work done on this.

:)

[quote name='ste_m3' post='70610' date='Oct 7 2007, 12:51 PM']and one of the headstock i couldnt fit on!

[/quote]

Just look at that grain!! Mouth watering. You must be very happy having saved up and waited for it for so long! Would you be able to get some sound clips up?

and +1 for a full body shot ;0)

ped

that serves me right dosnt it! spend so long taking arty farty pictures with "but what are the basschatters going to think?!" running through my head i go and forget to take a bog standard front and back one!
i have a rediculously sloppy wooten-esque version of aeroplane with various configs i'll host somewhere (any ideas?)

Thanks for all the comments and bits so far, im totally chuffed :)