Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics RH450

Gunsfreddy2003

[quote name='Musicman20' post='656453' date='Nov 16 2009, 09:38 PM']The Tecamp 212 is a perfect lightweight solution and is much better than I imagined a lightweight cab could be....Im very impressed.

The Aguilar gives you that ceramic thump, and I think its slightly darker and 'dirtier' yet still clear and articulate. Plus Brown cabs...how cool is that?!

Totally different horns on them as well....I like them both! The Tecamp retails for more because of its weight...

I neeed to AB them both....properly. But, I really like what Ive got. No more, nothing...Im a lucky guy and I should just enjoy what Ive got.

If you can get either...I would!

The Aguilars will be getting more play soon when the Genz 9.0 comes as they are 8 ohms cabs (better for a tube amp as the Orange is 200 tube watts no matter what ohmage...or 4ohm minimum....went all out with two DB212s) and the Shuttle 9.0 pumps in a lot more...so they effectively become one cab solutions as well as a huge stack![/quote]

Cheers,

it's actually 112's I'm after, but the Aggie DBs and the TecAmps are the ones that interest me, along with the Glock Space Deluxes.

Aye, the Shuttle 9.0 should be something to behold. Makes total sense to me, being able to get the full power from it with one 4ohm or two 8ohm cabs, which you can't do with the Max 12.0. I'm waiting for Genz to take my advice and release a Shuttle Max 9.0! So far they keep denying it, but it must be on the cards someday soon.

Aye, the brown Aggies look cool. If I ever go for the DB112s they'll be the White Hot babies. Love 'em!

I've posted stuff about TC in the past. But since the topic is specific, I thought I'd add my bit.

Been using a RH450, RS210 and RS212 plus the foot controller for some time now and I'm totally happy with, I play mostly rock covers and it seems to handle this music with ease. It has oodles of power and the three switchable presets are very useful. The built in tuner is great and the footswitch, which also has the tuner makes everything very easy to control. It's true that the cabs are a bit prone to damage but I now have some covers for them so there shouldn't be any more.

All in all the best rig I have had so far. Prior to this I've owned Trace, Mark Bass, Gallien Krueger and Peavey rigs and the TC set up beats them all IMO.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='656658' date='Nov 17 2009, 08:29 AM']I've posted stuff about TC in the past. But since the topic is specific, I thought I'd add my bit.

Been using a RH450, RS210 and RS212 plus the foot controller for some time now and I'm totally happy with, I play mostly rock covers and it seems to handle this music with ease. It has oodles of power and the three switchable presets are very useful. The built in tuner is great and the footswitch, which also has the tuner makes everything very easy to control. It's true that the cabs are a bit prone to damage but I now have some covers for them so there shouldn't be any more.

All in all the best rig I have had so far. Prior to this I've owned Trace, Mark Bass, Gallien Krueger and Peavey rigs and the TC set up beats them all IMO.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

How do you find the cabs themselves compare with others performance wise. I'm already chuffed with the head. Are you happy with your 2x10, 2x12 set up or would you change it.

Peter

Oh yes very happy with 2 x 10 and 2 x 12 set up. I can't fault the sound at all - prior to this I was used to hearing myself through a GK 4 x 10, which I really liked. This has all the punch of a 4 x 10 but the 2 x 12 add something more , not as "flappy" as a 15 but more a controlled bass extension (I think) difficult to explain it really - In other words, it's like having a 2x10 and 1x15 set up but more refined.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='656669' date='Nov 17 2009, 08:52 AM']How do you find the cabs themselves compare with others performance wise. I'm already chuffed with the head. Are you happy with your 2x10, 2x12 set up or would you change it.

Peter[/quote]

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='656658' date='Nov 17 2009, 08:29 AM']I've posted stuff about TC in the past. But since the topic is specific, I thought I'd add my bit.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

That's good to hear. I'm currently playing through a Trace AH400SMX with Mesa Boogie 1x15 & 2x10 cabs but I'm heading down to Bass Direct on Friday to try this rig out along with some other, more compact, stuff. It's always reassurring to hear positive feedback from someone who has actually gigged a potential new purchase for a while.

Cheers

Gaz

[quote name='gazhowe' post='657562' date='Nov 17 2009, 10:24 PM']That's good to hear. I'm currently playing through a Trace AH400SMX with Mesa Boogie 1x15 & 2x10 cabs but I'm heading down to Bass Direct on Friday to try this rig out along with some other, more compact, stuff. It's always reassurring to hear positive feedback from someone who has actually gigged a potential new purchase for a while.

Cheers

Gaz[/quote]

Get yersel some IEM's man Gaz, I keep tellin' ya but yer not listening..... :lol: :) :rolleyes: :lol: