Why become a member? ×

Amp voicing

Jigster

Hi all - posted this elsewhere and no one showed up, maybe wrong section..

Anyway have done a bit of reading up on this, but thght I'd ask here - anyone get that clicky string on fret sound? OF COURSE I am always working to improve technique but seem to have noticed for the first time (not before, but have just changed amps) and the touch of the string on the frets can be heard when I'm fretting -

am considering things like the make of strings (currently fender f'wound stainless steel, 45-95), rolling back mids/trebs/highs etc, my playing style, as in not trying to fret too hard, altho I am a pick player generally and like that robust twangy woody sound my MM gives with a pick

[size=4]BUT[/size] more than any of that was wondering about the voicing of the new amp..do the 'voices' of an amp accentuate/hide these things

finally, how much of this is heard anyway in a full rock band mix do people think?

Ta for any thoughts

Honestly.. I just wouldn't worry about it. If you were able to solo virtually any bass part of any song, you'd hear it (unless the player was a 'string tickler'). It just disappears in the mix, and even helps to give the line definition.

If you roll back your mids/treble to reduce it, you're taking away definition from the tone.

I actually like it when you hear a little bit of it during quieter passages...

If you're getting too much of it, try raising your action a smidge. 1mm here-and-there can make all the difference.