Why become a member? ×

Ron MCgovneys PBass

beerdragon

The States only.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-BY-RON-MCGOVNEY_W0QQitemZ230393906709QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item35a48c0615"]http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-FENDER-PRECISION-...=item35a48c0615[/url]

i thought that was quite cheap really.

Edited by beerdragon

I might have bid for it if it was the 'beer incident bass'

Explanation from Wikipedia: Ron McGovney was reportedly often bullied by lead guitarist Dave Mustaine, who poured beer on his bass contributing to an electric shock which McGovney described as "causing him to fly across the room".

Clarky addendum: of course not long after Mustaine was ejected from Metallica because of his behaviour and subsequently formed Megadeth

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='647517' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:41 PM']As you've probably noticed, my knowledge and understanding of Heavy Metal goes all the way down to zero and, indeed, clean out the other side. Talk to me about HM and you end up knowing [i]less [/i]than when you started.[/quote]

Most people who know their stuff about HM would probably also be perplexed by who the hell Ron Mcgovney is. Most Metallica fan's are convinced Cliff Burton was the first bassist.

[quote name='Josh' post='647524' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:52 PM']Most people who know their stuff about HM would probably also be perplexed by who the hell Ron Mcgovney is. Most Metallica fan's are convinced Cliff Burton was the first bassist.[/quote]
Very true I only know of Ron McG through having been nerdy enough to read a biog of Metallica