Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Trade: Fender Fretless Maple Precision

Starless

[quote name='Beedster' post='646245' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:20 PM']An alternative would be to trade necks. I listed a maple fretless Precision neck for sale last year and there was a bunfight over it, at least 10 BCers were very keen to get their hands on![/quote]

That's not a bad idea, but the way the body and maple finishes have been matched would make it a bit of a shame to break this one up. If it was Bombscare Red or Sphinctiferous Brownburst then fair enough (I can understand why Fender cover the crap wood with colours, but never why people lust after them).

She goes as a complete unit or not at all.....

[quote name='Delberthot' post='651732' date='Nov 11 2009, 04:14 PM']I think there's probably about 100 of us would like the chance to buy it outright :)[/quote]

Well you've got the inside track, mate - you can actually get round to his place!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='651741' date='Nov 11 2009, 04:21 PM']Well you've got the inside track, mate - you can actually get round to his place![/quote]

really?

Me wantee, me love it long time

long time

Anything in my sig that takes your fancy? - except the V'-type combo

Edited by Delberthot

Thanks once again for the all the offers to purchase, but the problem at the moment is I need to have a fretless to play on pretty much continuously, so the swap/trade is the only thing I can hope for at the moment. If I sell, then I will have to rush into buying something/anything that may not 100% fit the bill.

I've recently started on a 5-string (Ibanez - cracking bass for the money) with a 'slim' neck (for a 5-string), so if I can get used to that then maybe the P neck won't feel so 'wide' after all.

Still holding out for someone out there somewhere with a natural/burst, unlined Jazz.

I have a mighty mite neck that has been drilled for a fender body and had Schaller tuners on it so the holes are there for that - pretty sure its a jazz width neck as well. You could always fire it onto one of your other basses to give you more time to find a replacement

Does this remind anyone of the scene in 40 year old virgin in the ebay store when the big lad out of Superbad just really wants to buy the platform boots?
Anyhow, Fender Japan have stopped making these, so, we can't all have one.
Ishibashi are going to email me whenever they get one.

[quote name='Starless' post='652560' date='Nov 12 2009, 12:47 PM']Thanks once again for the all the offers to purchase, but the problem at the moment is I need to have a fretless to play on pretty much continuously, so the swap/trade is the only thing I can hope for at the moment. If I sell, then I will have to rush into buying something/anything that may not 100% fit the bill.

I've recently started on a 5-string (Ibanez - cracking bass for the money) with a 'slim' neck (for a 5-string), so if I can get used to that then maybe the P neck won't feel so 'wide' after all.

Still holding out for someone out there somewhere with a natural/burst, unlined Jazz.[/quote]

What, like this one???