Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003

evilLordJuju

Just listed my 2000 Rickenbacker 4003 on ebay. It is in really nice condition.

It is up for 7 days, though I will pull it with the right offer here. I am only selling this because i've fallen for something else on ebay... and I REALLY want it. See the ebay page for pics.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250519907471"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250519907471[/url]

Thanks

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='636459' date='Oct 25 2009, 08:39 PM']Just listed my 2000 Rickenbacker 4003 on ebay. It is in really nice condition.

It is up for 7 days, though I will pull it with the right offer here. I am only selling this because i've fallen for something else on ebay... and I REALLY want it. See the ebay page for pics.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250519907471"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250519907471[/url]

Thanks[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Ooh! Ooh!...Mr Peasley!...The Bears are Escaping!
BUMP!

[quote name='OldGit' post='636495' date='Oct 25 2009, 09:03 PM']Yummie bass mate .. Don't actually use Parcelforce to ship it though :)[/quote]
+100. If you read the small print, ParcelFarce insurance only covers musical instruments up to £150 maximum. They don't tell you this at the PO and are happy to take money off you for "enhanced insurance" that has absolutely no value.

Lovely bass by the way - I'm guessing it's actually right-handed, not a lefty.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='636570' date='Oct 25 2009, 11:45 PM']+100. If you read the small print, ParcelFarce insurance only covers musical instruments up to £150 maximum. They don't tell you this at the PO and are happy to take money off you for "enhanced insurance" that has absolutely no value.

Lovely bass by the way - I'm guessing it's actually right-handed, not a lefty.

Jon.[/quote]
Yippie! I'm not the olnly one squawkin' about this now :)

Ok, thanks people. Yes you eagle eyed people are right. This IS right handed, and i've asked ebay to upddate the listing - it seems to be one of the things you can not adjust yourself.

I am not sure who I normally send my guitars with - I take them to the Royal mail depot... is that not parecleforce?

So who do you all ship with?

This really is a nice condition bass, with a reasonable reserve.

Damn ebay for taunting me with other basses......

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='636587' date='Oct 26 2009, 12:06 AM']I am not sure who I normally send my guitars with - I take them to the Royal mail depot... is that not parecleforce?

So who do you all ship with?[/quote]

Royal Mail Special Delivery 48 if I want to ship it from the post office.

Other than that there's a whole thread on couriers with a scoring system, goodness and badness.. Here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=36625&view=findpost&p=58430"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...ost&p=58430[/url]

If you do next day delivery with Parcelforce they increase the insurance to 200 but that seems the max they will do for a musical instrument. It's down to whoever buys it to decide if they want to take the risk. I recently sold an expensive bass and sent it parcelforce as the buyer was happy to take the risk. Arrived perfectly OK.

[quote name='KevB' post='636756' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:11 AM']If you do next day delivery with Parcelforce they increase the insurance to 200 but that seems the max they will do for a musical instrument. It's down to whoever buys it to decide if they want to take the risk. I recently sold an expensive bass and sent it parcelforce as the buyer was happy to take the risk. Arrived perfectly OK.[/quote]

Where does it say they increase the musical instrument insrance up to £200 for next day? That could be handy in some cases.
The £150 musical instrument insurance limitation is hidden well away on theiir website under "wrapping guidelines" and is only known to a select few PF employees, mostly in the claims department.

You don't need to take any risk if you use Post Office Special Delivery.
Tons of cover and the same price as parcelforce and they take it in at the post office too ..

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='636459' date='Oct 25 2009, 08:39 PM']i've fallen for something else on ebay... and I REALLY want it.[/quote]

Something with more than one neck? :)

Last couple of shipped sales I've used www.Interparcel.com, click on "Titan" option, selectable insurance level (up to a grand I think), fine about shipping musical instruments so long as it's in a box, cheap, reliable. I'm sure there's been a couple of threads about recommended couriers.

[quote name='Shaggy' post='636990' date='Oct 26 2009, 03:46 PM']Something with more than one neck? :)[/quote]

You'd think so Greg, but no.... The thing I want is way cooler than that. If I win, i'll post pics here. And you know more than most which 'other' brand drives me

Edited by evilLordJuju

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='637119' date='Oct 26 2009, 05:56 PM']You'd think so Greg, but no.... The thing I want is way cooler than that. If I win, i'll post pics here. And you know more than most which 'other' brand drives me[/quote]

.......got me interested now..... :ph34r:

[quote name='OldGit' post='636768' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:27 AM']Where does it say they increase the musical instrument insrance up to £200 for next day? That could be handy in some cases.
The £150 musical instrument insurance limitation is hidden well away on theiir website under "wrapping guidelines" and is only known to a select few PF employees, mostly in the claims department.

You don't need to take any risk if you use Post Office Special Delivery.
Tons of cover and the same price as parcelforce and they take it in at the post office too ..[/quote]

I don't think it was because it was a musical instrument, I was just told that if I did a next day delivery before 12pm then the cover went up to 200, I think the total for that type of delivery to mainland UK was just under 25 quid. I had to speak to someone at PF about it though, the website is lacking detail in the right places.