Why become a member? ×

SGC Nanyo Bass Collection FRETLESS

A rarity! An original SGC Nanyo [i]fretless[/i] Bass Collection, complete with Hiscox case:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BASS-COLLECTION-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-and-HISCOX-Case_W0QQitemZ120165609764QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BASS-COLLECTION-Fret...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

The vendor has chosen to make life difficult for himself by making it collection only, from Bristol. Foolish.

Any Basschatter within 100 miles of Bristol could get himself a helluva guitar for not much dosh.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='68436' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:11 PM']A bargain - the best i've ever had[/quote]

'had' as in past tence? I'm confused, there's almost a day left on it :) is it your bid BF?.... I'm thinking I may have a crack but wouldn't wanna step on a fellow BassChatter's toes.......

Bass Collection fretless now on its way to Beedster Towers. Put in a speculative bid of 131.60 (anyone who can tell me why I chose that particular amount is a far better psychologist than I am) and that's what it went for! Been wanting an active and unlined fretless for a while now so it seemed a bargain. Re collection, the seller did actually offer to post in the Q&As at the bottom - it's always worth reading those!
Chris

Well done, that man!

When that bass was new, 15/20 years ago, it was a top-end £500/£800 instrument. I've got two SGC BC's (a 320 and a 325 - or is that BMWs I'm thinking of?) and they're both cracking pieces of kit.

At £131, I don't think you'll be disappointed ... the Hiscox case is probably worth £60 on its own!

Enjoy.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='68925' date='Oct 3 2007, 08:32 AM']Well done, that man!

When that bass was new, 15/20 years ago, it was a top-end £500/£800 instrument. I've got two SGC BC's (a 320 and a 325 - or is that BMWs I'm thinking of?) and they're both cracking pieces of kit.

At £131, I don't think you'll be disappointed ... the Hiscox case is probably worth £60 on its own!

Enjoy.[/quote]
It sure is. A Beedster Bargain.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='69022' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:32 PM']It sure is. A Beedster Bargain.[/quote]

Yes, quite happy actually. Seems a nice chap and he's going to send it also. I kept a bit quiet as I had seen this on the bay and then noticed the thread here yesterday. No offence to fellow BCer's, but if I see something I want, I don't advertise or discuss it here - nothing worse than two chaps really wanting the same bass and bidding each other skint for it, unless of course you're the seller! If I don't like a bass I've bought, I usually sell it on here for what I paid, which seems a fair approach.
Cheers all
Chris

Just to add to the above, I've had one for a while, a 320. It's light, extremely well made, as playable as a very playable thing and has real punch. As an example the Thrillers 'Jenny was a friend of mine' plays easily on this bass but every other bass I've tried it on is hard work.

I'm picking up my 2nd 320 tomorrow. Seriously underrated basses.

The bass arrived yesterday. I'm blown away, I've always been a Fenderhead and like big fat bodies, but this little thing is magical. I A/B'd it alongside my Fretless P/J (passive), and it complements it wonderfully. Whereas the PJ is more growl, this is much more mwah. Never played convincing sounding slap on a fretless before, but the pre-amp on this is up to it with ease. Tuning is a nightmare as it has a 2 octave neck unlike all my other basses, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Gonna keep rounds on this and put some LaBella's on the P/J.
Best £130 I've spent for years
Chris

I now have my new SB320 in translucent green. I'll post a photo later but its like new. I had to adjust the neck relief and put on new strings and I lemon oiled the fretboard as per usual and now its superb.

My old SB320 in dark natural is in equally as good nick with the exception of a little discolouration on the gold hardware.

I paid £180 for it and will let it go (in more playable condition) for the same.

If anyone is interested let me know. Great bass, really good value.

I'll maybe put in the for sale section some time.