Why become a member? ×

OHPF: OLP Tony Levin 5 string extensivley upgraded!

TRadford

Not a happy bunny about this one at all, but just realised my 4x4 needs its main service and also 4 new tyres for the MOT in Nov.

So, very very regretably, this has got to go, as its all I have that will get anywhere near what I need for the service and tyres.

I bought this of Rayman a few weeks back. I didnt buy it lightly, as I wanted a long term "good" bass that would stay with me for a long time, but I need my car more.
It was upgraded by Rayman from standard, and includes the following.

Nordstrand 5.2 pickup, John East 3 band EQ, beautiful brass nut (handmade), and a musicman battery box on the back.

Its in great condtion, two small holes on the back where the new battery box was, and also the jack plate needs two new screws as the holes seem to have got bigger and they are now loose.
I fitted brand new Ernie ball power slinkys last week, and they have been played maybe 3 times at home since.

The original sales thread with pictures is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61789&hl=tony+levin"]HERE[/url].
Ill take more and upload them in the following days.

Im looking for what I paid, so £300. Postage is availble at cost but would prefer collection or meet up half way. Im based in Gloucester.
Will include soft case too.

Edited by TRadford

Sold most of my camera gear, even selling my old broken tomtom on ebay to get an extra £10. I dont have anything left thats of any value. I'd like to keep the Sqiuer VM Jazz I bought last week, as I find it really easy to play as I have very small hands. The OLP, awsome though it is, is a little harder for me to play due to the wider neck and I'd like to keep the Dean 5 stringer. I had no interest when I tried to sell it a while back anyway.

This is where the positives of owning a 4x4 are outweighed by the negatives.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1134134' date='Feb 20 2011, 10:36 AM']Indeed this would have been lovely, what I really want is an ATK305 in natural but they seem a bit rocking horse sh*t.[/quote]

The guy Dave Barron in my sig at the bottom has recorded his whole album on a Tony Levin except for the track unconsolable which is a mix of him and me playing my pre EB as I do the slapped chorus parts. Its a good bass Im not sure how good the non Tony Levin ones are in comparison but for £1250 less than I paid for my Ray5 you cant complain at all. The body is slightly different to a real one and the strings are closer together but overall well worth the money and this one with the upgrades would of been a smasher. The standard pup is probably its weakest point but the preamp seams ok. Keep hunting Wayne.

Edited by stingrayPete1977