Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision American Standard 09

loudandclear

I bought a Fender Precision American std (high mass bridge, graphite rods in neck , skb case etc) new from soundslive about 4/5 months ago. It was such a player that I decided on impulse to get the gallery to fit a sadowsky preamp and pups (this cost about £500 all in). The mods are to the highest standard and the bass sounds fantastic - I have gigged it a couple of times - I also have a Sadowsky PJ metro - this bass gets very very close in sound - it is light and as I said a real player. I now need to recoup some cash so this has to go. Looking around the new precisions cost over £800 now - this is on sale at £795 - less than the cost of a new standard precision - with the upgraded mods which make a massive difference.. Think this is a pretty good price - comments welcome. Delivery is included. Welcome to collect/tryout

cheers

[attachment=34986:cropped1.JPG]
[attachment=34987:DSC01508.JPG]
[attachment=34988:DSC01510.JPG]
[attachment=34989:DSC01514.JPG]
[attachment=34990:DSC01519.JPG]
[attachment=34991:DSC01521.JPG]
[attachment=34992:DSC01523.JPG]
[attachment=34993:DSC01526.JPG]

[quote name='loudandclear' post='634321' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:05 PM']Yep - that about sums it up Chris[/quote]

That's an extremely generous price, I reckon if you put that on the bay and offered to send to Europe (where the exchange rate makes it very cheap and where Sadowsky seems to be a magic word) you'd do a lot better?

Good luck either way, I'd love to get my hands on it! I love the Sadowsky tone, I just didn't like having so much money tied up in one bass. Seems to me you're offering someone the perfect solution.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='634329' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:12 PM']That's an extremely generous price, I reckon if you put that on the bay and offered to send to Europe (where the exchange rate makes it very cheap and where Sadowsky seems to be a magic word) you'd do a lot better?

Good luck either way, I'd love to get my hands on it! I love the Sadowsky tone, I just didn't like having so much money tied up in one bass. Seems to me you're offering someone the perfect solution.

Chris[/quote]

Chris - yes thank you - I could well do better but will see for a bit - thanks for the comments - the sadowsky tone is the best I have found so far (after many basses!)