Why become a member? ×

Hello!

stefboltonfc

Hola, I'm Stefan, at 17 year old bassist from sunny Bolton, south Lancashire.

I inadvertently came to this site this evening from a link (can't even remember what was being searched for to be honest) and I've spent the last couple of hours reading through everything. I love it!

I've been playing bass for almost two years now and I'd say I'm half decent, but I'm nowhere near the level I want to be. So, hopefully this site will point me in the direction of becoming the new James Jamerson or Victor Wooten? Well, maybe.. :)

I've been creaming my jeans all evening at some of the basses you guys own... I'm only on a Squier Vintage Modified, and a Washburn T14 that I picked up for less than £80 because it was missing the back-plate. Surprisingly, that has now become my gigging bass, with the Squier just looking pretty in my room.

Can't say I have a style that I try and replicate, I throw in bits and bobs from everywhere. I don't have any classical music / theory training, so anything I play of my own is played just because it sounds good; not necessarily techinically perfect.

So, that's all a forum of bassists need to know about me. Hope you don't mind me joining the ranks!

Hi Stefan,I came across this in the same way.It has very knowledgable members,usefull chat and info and always great stuff to buy and sell to boot,what more does a bass player/musician need? ...............A pretty blonde,lorry full of cash,bag full of stash,millions of gigs,200 basses,ha ha welcome aboard.

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='634193' date='Oct 23 2009, 09:48 AM']hey man nice to have another teen bassist on board it gets a little dreary with all this old people on here... :)

*runs for cover from the canes being thrown at him*[/quote]

Bloody kids.