Why become a member? ×

Practice Amp

vizzo

Ok ibanez gsr200 hopefully in the pipeline following advice from the basschat bass guitars forum. Now I need a practice amp.
There's loads out there and abit of advice would be appreciated.
I'm deffo after a practice amp only and top price is £70.

Any views on:

Stagg
Ashdown
Behringer
Roland cube (slightly over budget!!!) - oops that was the non bass version I was looking at - bass version well over budget so forget that one
Squier rumble
Peavey
Laney
Marshall

I'm looking for one with headphone socket and cd input.
Would you buy second hand?

Edited by vizzo

I've a Laney RB2 for sale now - 30w, has a headphone socket and audio in for MP3, drum machine etc. Heres a link [url="http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=RB2"]http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=RB2[/url] - flawless and fully working.

can bring it near lakeside, essex this weekend if you a) want it and :) are near. Also available in east midlands at other times.

Edited by Geek99

[quote name='vizzo' post='634045' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:10 AM']No idea what a laney is like - hence this thread!

So I'd like to get some views before i decide what to go for.

Geek99 - How much is the laney?[/quote]

I've got a Laney RB2 that i use, there perfectly decent amps and pack a punch for the size, fine for jamming with mates as well.

[quote name='teaser360' post='633993' date='Oct 22 2009, 11:05 PM']could help out here, my dad is traveling back to the lakes soon , we only live in leicester, whereabouts in the lakes are you?[/quote]
That could work - I live 5 mins off m1 j28

[quote name='vizzo' post='632863' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:31 PM']Ok ibanez gsr200 hopefully in the pipeline following advice from the basschat bass guitars forum. Now I need a practice amp.
There's loads out there and abit of advice would be appreciated.
I'm deffo after a practice amp only and top price is £70.

Any views on:

Stagg
Ashdown
Behringer
Roland cube (slightly over budget!!!) - oops that was the non bass version I was looking at - bass version well over budget so forget that one
Squier rumble
Peavey
Laney
Marshall

I'm looking for one with headphone socket and cd input.
Would you buy second hand?[/quote]
I have a behringer BX300 practice amp. I think these are as good as anything quite clean sounding with decent shape filter on it and great value for money. Absolutely fine with 4 string getting a full tone out of a low b is obviously not its strongest point. However if you want to practice with a drum kit it is clearly not man enough. The amp is a plain jane no frills affair. I would go for something secondhand as you get more for your dosh if budget is a problem. I personally like the Roland cube as it gives you an amp you can use for home recording. I am based in West Cumbria my Bx300 is not doing very much. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...