Why become a member? ×

ZON

warwickhunt

I've not had this a great length of time (no smart ar5ed comments from the regulars please :) ) but the Sadowsky is literally getting all of the use and for a completely alternative bass my other option is the Bolin... so this is gathering dust (as evidenced in the headstock pic :rolleyes: ).

It has Bartolini pups and a retro-fitted Bartolini pre. The bass is in very good condition with one small ding through to the wood but no nasty bucklerash etc. The neck frets etc are all spot on and as with most Zons there isn't even need for a truss rod as the neck doesn't budge.

I'd not be adverse to a trade but it would need to be for something interesting/different, so sorry no Squiers, MIM Jazz Yamaha RBX etc. I'm not adverse to adding cash to a deal if your bass is priced right.

I'm not in any great hurry to shift this (in fact after plugging it in just now I'm gonna gig it tonight for a change... unlikely to be any interested parties in Rowlands Gill I suppose :lol: :lol: ). Shoot me any offers via PM.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='628682' date='Oct 17 2009, 01:23 PM']I'm not in any great hurry to shift this (in fact after plugging it in just now I'm gonna gig it tonight for a change... unlikely to be any interested parties in Rowlands Gill I suppose :rolleyes: :) ). Shoot me any offers via PM.[/quote]

Well I'm often in Wylam so thats not too far...though I'd rather stuff a wad of cash in your face for that Streamer you're selling!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='629178' date='Oct 17 2009, 11:52 PM']Well I'm often in Wylam so thats not too far...though I'd rather stuff a wad of cash in your face for that Streamer you're selling![/quote]

You should just pop down and give them both a blast with no hard sell from me. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='629862' date='Oct 18 2009, 09:31 PM']You should just pop down and give them both a blast with no hard sell from me. :)[/quote]

I might just do that (with £1300 in my back pocket just incase!). I'd offer to bring my Thumb along but I'm sure it'd be nothing new to you!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='630077' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:32 AM']I might just do that (with £1300 in my back pocket just incase!). I'd offer to bring my Thumb along but I'm sure it'd be nothing new to you![/quote]

I could charge you £1300 for the Tea/Coffee and you could tell your significant other that the Warwick was free! :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='BassKS' post='630088' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:39 AM']Thats one sweet bass Mr Warwickhunt[/quote]

Cheers!

[quote name='jmesa' post='630129' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:15 AM']This is lush...
I'd be interested in a ballpark figure as well.. just to confirm that I cant afford it, probably!![/quote]

PM on its way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before I managed to find a Sonus on here a couple of years ago, I asked the Gallery for a quote on a new one with exactly the same spec as this. The quoted price was getting on for £2,500.

Can't recommend these enough. The necks are amazing - the graphite means the action can get vanishingly low. They're very light and balance really well. They're also very 'unclicky' for a graphite necked bass with a very rich, woody sound.

Believe me John, if I had the cash...

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='659543' date='Nov 19 2009, 07:29 PM']Before I managed to find a Sonus on here a couple of years ago, I asked the Gallery for a quote on a new one with exactly the same spec as this. The quoted price was getting on for £2,500.

Can't recommend these enough. The necks are amazing - the graphite means the action can get vanishingly low. They're very light and balance really well. They're also very 'unclicky' for a graphite necked bass with a very rich, woody sound.

Believe me John, if I had the cash...[/quote]

Thanks for the plaudits and I have to agree if you've been put off by graphite necks in the past because they are too 'lively', then this is the bass to convert you.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='659554' date='Nov 19 2009, 07:38 PM']Thats a cracking price! Oh no way, thats you!! I thought it was Mark Wahlberg with long hair haha (no offence intended). This should be gone very soon.[/quote]

Must research M Wahlberg and hereby reserve the right to thank you or call you a twazzer! :)

Oh and if the bass isn't gone very soon I may decide I'm in no hurry to let it go... especially as my Sadowsky is now all but sold! :rolleyes:

A couple of pics of the 'damage' on the bass. I should add that the bass is in pretty good condition for its age but it is a gigging bass not a museum/collectors piece.

Sorry for the gratuitous 'foot' shot and the flash does appear to make it look worse than it is but there you go.

There is also a small nick/chip out of the headstock, just a surface sliver but as pictured.

Ever played "We care a Lot" by Faith No More? .....Beautiful bass. I want it. Cannae afford it.... Unless you want all my pedals and 500 quid. but you wouldnt want that.