Why become a member? ×

89' Warwick Thumb NT5 / 88' Warwick Streamer Stage II NT4

spacecowboy

Just picked up my new *old* '89 Warwick Thumb NT5 from Gary Williams today *you aint getting it back bro!!! :)* its absolutely incredible! it blew my mind at band practice tonight, such an incredible sound and feel with a perfect players neck, I'm in love.

Thought i would show it to you all posing with her sister an '88 Warwick Streamer Stage II NT4.

Enjoy!

Edited by spacecowboy

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='626555' date='Oct 14 2009, 11:28 PM']Very nice. How does the Thumb balance?[/quote]

Very very well, this is my first Thumb, i had heard in the past people were complaining of alot of Neck Dive, but this one balances perfectly on my lap and when i stand with no dive at all.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='626592' date='Oct 15 2009, 12:26 AM']Wonderful!

Both with Schaller machine heads - I had a Thumb Custom built for me in '90 and it came with gotohs (which are fine!) but I was upset that it did not have Schallers!!! Sad eh?

Nick (author of `Machine Head and Tuner Monthly')[/quote]

Yeah the Schallers are lovelly, i never ever have to tune my Stage II up it just stays put constantly, I'm expecting the same with my new Thumb as the tuners are a lot stiffer on this model.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='626602' date='Oct 15 2009, 12:50 AM']that SSII is lovely :) love the grain on the bubinga on the thumb too[/quote]

Thanks! The Stage II is a definite looker!